★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Big Fish Games - favorite puzzle/adventure?

04-24-2011, 08:15 PM

I am a big fan of Big Fish Games adventure/puzzle games, but their quality/level of play seems to depend on the specific development studio.

I loved Haunted Manor and Amazon, but thought Big City and Puppet weren't as good. I also am having a hard time getting into Drawn. I've tried to play that game twice and can't seem to embrace it.

Just curious what others thought and if there are any others that are as good...

Bill

Last edited by bunger; 05-06-2011 at 06:36 AM.
04-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunger View Post
I am a big fan of Big Fiah Games adventure/puzzle games, but their quality/level of play seems to depend on the specific development studio.

I loved Hainted Mansion and Amazon, but thought Big City and Puppet weren't as good. I also am having a hard time getting into Drawn. I've tried to play that game twice and can't seem to embrace it.

Just curious what others thought and if there are any others that are as good...

Bill
I just finished Empress of the Deep on iPad and I thought it was very well done.

04-24-2011, 11:02 PM
I have them all. You would probably like the two other Hidden Expedition titles, Titanic and Everest, since you liked Amazon. Civil War is also excellent. Actually, they're all good. Rainbow Web is an excellent match-3 game but unlike others of the same type.
04-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Drawn is the best game out of the lot for me.
04-24-2011, 11:16 PM

did I play this game in my laptop ?

04-25-2011, 02:39 AM
Big Fish is a game portal and releases games produced by other developers. They do have a few titles they develop themselves (like Drawn and the Hidden Expedition series).

My favorite games of this type are:

Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials
Twisted Lands: Shadow Town
Mushroom Age
The Mystery of the Crystal Portal 1 and 2
The Stroke of Midnight
Samantha Swift.

All of the above games were released on the iPad by their developers (and not by Big Fish).
04-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Great thread - hopefully we can keep it going.

I have played Everest, but didn't like it as much as the others... they definitely are hit and miss based on the development group.

Also Joe - thanks for the added suggestions. I just bought Midnight Mysteries at lunch and so far it looks pretty great!
04-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Life quest

Life quest is pretty addicting.
It is an RPG with real life like goals and plans. Buy your dream house, car, clothes. Kind of like Sims, but for mobile.
04-25-2011, 05:22 PM
loved mushroom age, quite entertaining, good lot of mini games in it too

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
04-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accessorygeeks View Post
Life quest is pretty addicting.
It is an RPG with real life like goals and plans. Buy your dream house, car, clothes. Kind of like Sims, but for mobile.
This has nothing to do with Ipad