Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 05-02-2011, 11:34 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Not an iPad owner but after seeing many hidden objects games coming out just for the iPad I'm very tempted to get one in the future. I've got just about every Big Fish hog available (and many others) for the Touch but keep thinking it'd be great to use something bigger to play on. Pricing is the killer though, but after reading these post I'm back to thinking of it.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:06 PM

If you are using an iPad, you should definitely buy the HD edition even though it is cheaper to get the iPhone version. The older Big Fish games look beautiful on the iPad thereby making it possible to get the iPhone version. The newer ones, however, look blurry when you try to zoom in. I noticed this with Big City Adventure: New York. When playing this game, I just use a magnifying glass when I need to zoom in. It's a pain but I'm not going to spend $6.99 when I've already paid for the iPhone version. Next time, I will just get the HD version.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:11 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials is probably the best one I played so far. I dabbed a little with Drawn. Will need to finish it. Other games were decent. Still have a lot more to go.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Another game of this type which deserves mention is Kuros. I really enjoyed playing it on the PC and would purchase for iPad if it ever goes on sale. It's only $4.99, but since I've already played it, I can wait for a sale.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:20 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDukester View Post
Agreed.

I just played my first game in this category (Haunted Manor HD) and I'm interested in others that are considered to be the leaders of the genre. This thread is very helpful in that regard.
Definitely check out Midnight Mysteries - Salem Witch Trials. The graphics are gorgeous and it is almost as good as the Haunted Manor title.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:28 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Secret Mission: The Forgotten Island was released today by Big Fish with full game unlock on sale for 99 cents for both iPad and iPhone (good until May 8). This game got pretty good reviews on Big Fish's site, so I've purchased it. I hope to have time to play it this weekend
Old 05-05-2011, 01:01 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I just got Secret Mission today for iPod and am liking the hidden object bit so far, but unfortunately the "adventuring" part is a bit lame. Well worth .99, though.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:07 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I'm downloading Secret Mission now. Will check it out later. I like the IAP model for games, especially like this. Try before you buy *and* continue from where you left off once you decide to buy - no separate "Lite" version.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:12 PM
iPad

Thanks for the tip - will check it out tonight. Who is the developer behind Secret Mission?
Old 05-05-2011, 04:27 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I'm not sure if it's a hidden picture game - I don't think it is - but it declares itself as an adventure game. Anyway, Destination: Treasure Island has gone free! I'm going to download it tonight. I already "purchased" it but won't really get to download it until later.

http://appshopper.com/games/destination-treasure-island

It's a darned big game. I mean the file size. So plan accordingly.