★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Gravulous

04-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Gravulous

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307418030&mt=8

My game Gravulous is out with the latest update.
Things that I hope this update will help with sales are..
  • Size less than 10MB
  • Facebook Connect feature post score to news feed

I also did a lite version that seems to help a tiny bit.
It was hard to think out to make the lite version work for such a simple game.
I just limit it to 3 points max. Although I think that might be too little now, so I may up that to 10 points in the next version.

Let me know what you guys think and how to promote it better.
Any feedback is appreciated.

-Alvin
04-09-2009, 05:01 PM
LIght version http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=308510627&mt=8

Full http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307418030&mt=8

Check us out in the new book 500 Things to Eat Before its too Late by James Beard Lifetime Achievment Award Winners and Authors of the Roadfood column in Gourmet Magazine, Jane and Michael Stern. This is BIG people!!
Read About us in the SJ Mercury News

04-09-2009, 05:07 PM
When I read the title i immediately thought of "Grabulous" lmao, but then i saw the "V"

Games Currently Playing: Pro Evolution Soccer 2010, GT Racing Academy, Brother in Arms 2, Real Tennis 2009, N.O.V.A, Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Pocket Chef, RF2010, Warfare Incorporated, Doodle Jump, Homerun Batle, Trade Nations, Social CIty, City Story
Games Waiting For: FIFA 11, RF 11.
04-09-2009, 07:01 PM
04-09-2009, 07:03 PM
I have this game and love it

back
05-06-2009, 04:56 AM
Excellent Start!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyeye View Post
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307418030&mt=8

My game Gravulous is out with the latest update.
Things that I hope this update will help with sales are..
  • Size less than 10MB
  • Facebook Connect feature post score to news feed

I also did a lite version that seems to help a tiny bit.
It was hard to think out to make the lite version work for such a simple game.
I just limit it to 3 points max. Although I think that might be too little now, so I may up that to 10 points in the next version.

Let me know what you guys think and how to promote it better.
Any feedback is appreciated.

-Alvin
I got the Lite version and was impressed enough to get the Full version, even w/ the max points at 3 ... with that said, I think you should increase the points to a minimum of 10. I saw the value easily, but other younger users, may not. Increase the point ceiling and I'm sure others will see the value also.

A couple of improvements might be considered also: 1]Quick save when a call comes in or when exiting the Game 2]ability to fire before the enlarging Planet has increased to it's maximum size 3]ability to choose the power behind each release of the next Planet created from the Black Hole ...

You've done an excellent job with graphics and animation. You could have a potential hit with increased game play and just a few more options. You may want to consider options that will increase the re-playability.

I have a few more detailed observations I'll share at another time ...

More Later ...

Thanks for all the hard work ... Having a bLaSt w/ Gravulous!!!

IanNas
05-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Great game but having random crashes

I too purchased after playing the lite version. I love the game but keep having an issue where it will crash and I lose my progress. And yes, I have tried rebooting, multiple times, but it does not seem to help.

Very frustrating when you are working towards a pretty good score and the game tanks. This is the only app that has actually had me scream at my Ipod Touch 2g!
05-06-2009, 06:22 AM
Second that emotion ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponagathos View Post
I too purchased after playing the lite version. I love the game but keep having an issue where it will crash and I lose my progress. And yes, I have tried rebooting, multiple times, but it does not seem to help.

Very frustrating when you are working towards a pretty good score and the game tanks. This is the only app that has actually had me scream at my Ipod Touch 2g!
I was just playing Gravulous as your message came thru ... Agreed ... very frustrating!!! This game has so much potential and could take off with a few bug fixes and gameplay tweaks.

What do you say Alvin? Got an upgrade w/ some Bug Fixes and tweaks on the way?!?! I, for one, am behind any improvements you're willing to make!!! This is my current favorite game ...

Please fix whatever major bug is causing the crashes. I'm noticing it is usually immediately after a medium sized explosion w/ the red and black rumbling fire ball. It freezes and then tanks w/ the next move. Maybe not associated but a possible start in tracking down the problem.

Good Luck!!!

IanNas