★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

ChAIR's New iOS RPG?

04-25-2011, 10:18 AM
ChAIR's (Dev of Infinity Blade) New iOS RPG?

According to PocketGamer's Rumour Mine: (Yes I know THE rumour mine...)

Quote:
Infinity Blade developer ChAIR working on new iOS role-playing game

Having fallen in love with iOS during the development of superb action role-playing hit Infinity Blade, developer ChAIR has moved quickly into a follow-up project. While I'm not able to divulge the full identity of the title, I can confirm that it's a role-playing game that goes deeper than Infinity Blade.

The game isn't a sequel or spiritual successor to Infinity Blade; on the contrary, it's a completely different game built specifically for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Consider the first title a warm up for what I'm told is the entree: better graphics, more content, in-depth character customisation, and a story-driven campaign with multiple locations.

In other words, this is the triple-A hardcore title without compromise that everybody has been crying for. An announcement should be pieced together late summer, with a release eyed for the end of this year or the beginning of 2012.
Source: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Vario...re.asp?c=29341

If this new iOS game will be a better experience like the Rumour Mine says it will, it'll be amazing! "Better graphics, more content, in-depth character customization, and a story driven campaign with multiple locations!"
But Pocket Gamer could confirm that it is a deeper game than Infinity Blade and if this new rpg is gonna be better looking than Infinity Blade, I'm all in for it!

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19

Last edited by Jdragoon19; 04-25-2011 at 12:27 PM.
04-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Maybe this is the title my friend is working on but he won't tell me much besides what's written there already

04-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attackid View Post
Maybe this is the title my friend is working on but he won't tell me much besides what's written there already
ya theyd probly have to be pretty secretive...
this game could be amazing...

04-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attackid View Post
A Part of me wonders if this will be similar to what was shown for the NGP...

Hmmm...

The way the article is worded, by Pocketgamer, seems to substantiate the existence of the title. Pocketgamer claims to know specifics about the title, even the name (working name) of the title - but is probably under an NDA (non disclosure agreement/embargo).

Beta Tester for: iBlastMoki 2, Deadlock, Aralon: Sword & Shadow HD
Gameloft: Pacificsun81
Gamecenter: Pacificsun81

Last edited by Pacificsun0481; 04-25-2011 at 10:37 AM.
04-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacificsun0481 View Post
A Part of me wonders if this will be similar to what was shown for the NGP...

Hmmm...
what they showed for the NGP was similiar to Infinity Blade and in PocketGamers article it says it will not be succedding or be a sequel to infinity blade...

04-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Pocket Gamer's rumours are just reasonable speculation 99% of the time it seems.
04-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Pocket Gamer's rumours are just reasonable speculation 99% of the time it seems.
haha lol i think we ALL have known what the Rumour Mine does in there with some of the CRAZY things they say... but i think if u read the article they say that can confirm its a deeper rpg than infinity blade...

04-25-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm interested to see that they may be doing a full-blown RPG, but the statement that it "goes deeper than Infinity Blade" isn't saying ... um, anything, really. Given that IB was about as deep as a saucer of milk, I'll wait and see what develops from this before getting excited.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
04-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
I'm interested to see that they may be doing a full-blown RPG, but the statement that it "goes deeper than Infinity Blade" isn't saying ... um, anything, really. Given that IB was about as deep as a saucer of milk, I'll wait and see what develops from this before getting excited.
lol ya thats true... it could be as deep as a game like doodle jump...

04-25-2011, 03:20 PM
What ever chAIR's new game is we can't wait. Loved infinity blade,