★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Vincere Totus Astrum or "To Conquer all Stars" is the first "Casual 4x Strategy Game" on iOS devices. Prepare to conquer the known galaxy in this easy to pick fast paced game of galactic intrigue!

Blending galaxy conquering with quick and easy gameplay. Pick one of five races and set out to expand your one world into a vast empire. Research new techs, build colony ships, and begin to spread out, but be careful you aren't the only race on the rise. The Universe is a small place and you will have to either negotiate, trade or battle other empires into submission.

Prepare to lay your claim amongst the galaxy as you attempt " To Conquer all Stars"

Kisguri's comments:
Our first iOS game is out! Check it out on iTunes here!

Hello this is Chris "Kisguri" Carson from Gamesare Studios and we just finished and successfully released on the iTunes store our first iOS title, Vincere Totus Astrum!

Youtube link | Pop Up

To Conquer all Stars is what we like to call a "Casual 4x Strategy Game". Blending galaxy conquering with quick and easy gameplay. Pick one of five races and set out to expand your one world into a vast empire. Research new techs, build colony ships, and begin to spread out, but be careful you aren't the only race on the rise. The Universe is a small place and you will have to either negotiate, trade or battle other empires into submission.

The game flow is turn based, and features a unique real time battle engine. We will have multiple game scenarios for you to play through. As our first iOS game we want to show we are willing to provide tons of support tuning the game into something everyone can enjoy. We also have a ton of content in line for the game which we will introduce in the form of chapters that will introduce new races, new challenges and new features. Information of this if interested can be found on our Facebook page in the discussions area.

PLEASE if you honor us and grab a copy, Please let us know what we can do to make it better! We aim to constantly improve and update our title!

Vincere Totus Astrum!

Select your Empire...

Skirmish

The Galaxy Map

Pre Battle Setup

Capital Ship Beam

Various Modes
04-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Wow, I'm surprised I hadn't heard about this at all. I cant wait to hear some impressions, especially about that battle system

04-25-2011, 07:10 PM

Definitely looks interesting.
04-25-2011, 08:08 PM
The concept of a "casual 4X" intrigues me. This is a genre that's typically anything but casual or pick-up-and-play.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
04-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Tried the Flash version on their site, and the game plays a lot like a Galcon style strategy game. There's some other features, like a separate combat minigame, but it's pretty obtuse and didn't catch my interest. Maybe the iOS version is better? The graphics at least do look a lot better in the screenshots.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
04-25-2011, 11:34 PM
I am very disappointed to hear this. The graphical style is reminiscent of MOO and I was hoping it was a clone; even an unauthorized one...
04-25-2011, 11:56 PM
Is the flash version an accurate demo of the game (like, same features of the iphone version)? I'm quite hooked actually, especially the production management and combat system. It's unique and has some interesting tactical elements to it.

Will definitely consider buying this one (out of credits for the moment )
04-26-2011, 12:08 AM
This looks awesome. I don't see how this would be like Galcon at all, considering the whole combat being handled in a different screen, and the game being turn based. Yeah, sure, it's in space, but that's not really a comparison.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
04-26-2011, 12:59 AM
Hi there,

I have just bought your game and I'm liking it a lot. Unfortunately, I've found a bug which makes the icons of "next" and "empire" disappear. They appear again if you choose the option "deploy" --> "transfer" and then hit on the back button. I'm running the latest ios on an iphone 4 16gb with Spanish settings. I haven't done jailbreak. Could you please fix it?

Now for suggestions:

1.- It would be very useful to be able to pinch with two fingers to zoom in and out the galaxy, because sometimes I feel I want to have a more general perspective of my surroundings rather than see the planets in detail.

2.- It seems the touchscreen doesn't respond as quickly/smoothly as in other apps. I had the same feeling with the first version of "Ascendancy" (I'm sure you know this game :-P) before the developer updated the game fixing this lag in response of the screen.

3.- It would be great to have save slots to be able to play multiple games at the same time with different species.

4.- Multi-language support would help boost sales for sure. I'm Spanish, and I know of many people who would buy the game if it was in Spanish.

Thanks for your time.
04-26-2011, 01:22 AM
It seems the research dev screen disappears too. I have to go to galaxy info and back to make it reappear, so I guess it's another bug.

More bugs:

1.- research times in most of the items show 0 or -1 turns. I researched the "research quicker" too many times and it seems this makes the counter of the amount of turns to develop a tech go crazy.

2.- there's a race which says it has 4 planets but only 3 of them appear coloured for that race.

I guess this is all for now, but the disappearance of the different layers of buttons (research/action buttons) makes playing a bit frustating.