Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Developer
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Default Rogue Touch (Official Thread) - v1.6 with retina support

Rogue Touch - On Sale!

In celebration of the holiday weekend, our new-and-improved version 1.5, and being featured by Apple we have decided to do something I swore I'd never do! We're having a sale on Rogue Touch!

Sale has been extended due to amazing demand and feedback the sale's been ongoing, and will end on 4/20/2009. For the moment you can still get Rogue Touch for a measly 99 cents! Monday it will be back to it's normal price of $2.99, so this is the last chance

All right! Calling all rogues! Version 1.5 of Rogue Touch is now available in the App Store, so please upgrade ASAP

This new version has a number of smaller new features, as well as fixes for pretty much every major issue we had with gameplay and stability/crashes!

************************************************** ******************************
Note: as with every update, your saved game in progress will be deleted
so please finish your current game first. The Hall of Fame will remain
intact if you are upgrading from 1.3/1.4. If you are upgrading from an
older version (1.0 - 1.2) it will be removed as well.
************************************************** ******************************

Version 1.5:
Major Bug-Fix Release. This should make Rogue Touch rock solid and address the things everyone has brought to our attention:
* FINALLY- corrected the glitch that caused game to crash very rarely when going down a set of stairs!
* Throwing worn rings left "ghost" ring on hand. Not anymore!
* Popup menu of doom fixed (was an infinite loop).
* Popup menu showing 2-3x in a row is now fixed.
* Drinking potions of raise level at maximum rank could be trouble, fixed crash and give character 10HP instead.
* Xerocs could show as normal sleeping monsters when disguised as a staff or wand. Not anymore!
* Many other random crashing issues eliminated after squashing an overflow bug

Fast-play: major running improvements!
* When you run towards a monster in a room (or run into one in a dark hallway) you will not blindly attack it now!
* Running AWAY from monsters now works correctly, no more running one or two spaces and stopping again
* Monsters no longer get a free move or attack on you when you make an illegal move, like hitting a wall

Inventory: great tweaks for handling your items and pack...
* When dropping a scroll of Scare Monster, you will only drop a single one if you have a stack of them
* Item stacking works properly now when your pack is full! (no more need to exclaim "but I JUST shot that arrow, why can't I pick it up now?").
* If your pack is full, and the item you step on is not stackable with an existing item in your pack, it will tell you what you stepped on so you can see if it's worth making room for! (Example: "couldn't pick up scroll of identify")

New Features:
* Find your previous game's corpse in the dungeon on your next play through! Maybe even find some of the goodies you were carrying when you died in the previous game
* Chance to disarm a known trap when stepping on it. The higher your rank the more likely you will succeed.
* Minor new features: Get experience for finding secret doors... Find loose gold pieces randomly on the floor while searching... Find scrawling on the walls!
* Minor gameplay tweaks: Resting with the dedicated Rest button will heal you at a slightly faster rate than walking around. New message warning for treasure rooms. Healing and Extra Healing Potions now cure hallucinations too.
* New rings (2): Disarming (to help give you a good chance of disarming traps!) and Narcolepsy (cursed, randomly... Zzzzzz!)
* New scroll: Safe Passage- when read, it will reveal all secret doors and disarm all traps on the current floor.
* 8 more new secret characters! Yep, even though you haven't found most of the last batch yet A hint for this batch- we had some special requests from female gamers!
* D-Pad is now 25% more transparent. Your thumb is still 100% opaque!
* Screen layout adjusts automatically for playing while talking on the phone with people when you'd rather be playing Rogue Touch (player status used to be obscured by green phone call bar, but not anymore)!

I'll post one more time in the old thread just to let everyone that's subscribed know we've moved the party over here!

Please direct all new discussion and commentary here rather than the 1.3 thread, and we'll continue to respond and take your ideas to heart for upcoming releases.

Last edited by CommanderData; 04-17-2009 at 07:48 PM..
Old 04-09-2009, 07:28 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Awesome update! Keep up the good work!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Developer
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
Awesome update! Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot! Glad you like it... Wait until you get a chance to loot your previous game's corpse a few times

Oh, I forgot to ask this of everyone but... If you've already written a nice review of Rogue Touch for us in iTunes, could you please update your review and star-rating to reflect version 1.5 once you update?

We appreciate the help a lot, Apple resets our rating and review count to zero with each new update

Last edited by CommanderData; 04-09-2009 at 07:48 PM..
Old 04-09-2009, 07:47 PM
iPhone 3G, iOS 5.x

Oh, nice. I do have a quickie though; when I engage in combat, if I accidentally tap the screen when it is in the process of giving you your options, the tab to display your choices starts flipping as if it were a deck of cards.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Developer
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHrox View Post
Oh, nice. I do have a quickie though; when I engage in combat, if I accidentally tap the screen when it is in the process of giving you your options, the tab to display your choices starts flipping as if it were a deck of cards.
You've seen this after the 1.5 update? I'm pretty sure we fixed that one! At least our team of 1000 monkeys banging on the touch screen could not cause that to happen anymore in version 1.5
Old 04-09-2009, 07:53 PM
iPhone 3G, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderData View Post
You've seen this after the 1.5 update? I'm pretty sure we fixed that one! At least our team of 1000 monkeys banging on the touch screen could not cause that to happen anymore in version 1.5
I just saw that this had been addressed. I have not updated it yet, so i was speaking of the last update. And where did you get your monkeys from? E.V.I.L. Dev Supply Warehouse.com, or did you hear about my Amazonian contact (NOT an orc) that sells monkeys to the populace?
Old 04-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Developer
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHrox View Post
I just saw that this had been addressed. I have not updated it yet, so i was speaking of the last update. And where did you get your monkeys from? E.V.I.L. Dev Supply Warehouse.com, or did you hear about my Amazonian contact (NOT an orc) that sells monkeys to the populace?
Hmmm.... we have never heard of either source, although if your Amazonian contact has a business card, send one our way! Never can have too many monkeys!

Definitely enjoy the update! We worked hard to fix a lot of nagging bugs and make it the best version ever as far as stability goes
Old 04-09-2009, 08:01 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Dude I love your dedication to the development of this game. Fixing it so you can play while you're on the phone? Seriously? That's crazy!
Old 04-09-2009, 08:09 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:

Oh, I forgot to ask this of everyone but... If you've already written a nice review of Rogue Touch for us in iTunes, could you please update your review and star-rating to reflect version 1.5 once you update?

We appreciate the help a lot, Apple resets our rating and review count to zero with each new update
Didn't know that. I do update my reviews when I spot major changes. Singapore store has my review (I go by another username).

Updated.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Developer
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dude I love your dedication to the development of this game. Fixing it so you can play while you're on the phone? Seriously? That's crazy!
Yeah I thought so too, but hey, my forum members had the request (I guess a few of their girlfriends are exceptionally chatty) so I made the changes. I tested it myself- not on the wife of course, she'd kill me... I had to call another line in the office and leave it off the hook for testing

Ravenblack, we really appreciate you taking a moment to do refresh your review for us. Thanks again!