★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Cocoon
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 10.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Play the legendary original game that launched the First Person Shooter genre. You are OSA super agent B.J. Blazkowicz and you must escape from Castle Wolfenstein and defeat the twisted Nazi regime!

Includes all six original episodes with 60 classic levels and unforgettable weapons, like the brutal chain gun, that still define action gaming today.

Wolfenstein 3D Classic is non-stop action and all of the memorable enemies are there for you to conquer from Hans Grosse to MechaHitler!

Search levels for hidden secrets that reveal stolen Nazi treasure, health packs, ammo and weapons or even short cuts. Use the new topdown map to see where you have already explored.

Wolfenstein 3D Classic makes use of an all new control system designed for the iPhone by technical visionary and id Software founder, John Carmack. Choose clever new touch controls or drive with the tilt controls to halt the diabolical Nazi schemes.
04-26-2011, 12:59 AM
I believe there's a thing called copyright, right?

04-26-2011, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
I believe there's a thing called copyright, right?
I was thinking the same thing, but I wasn't sure if this dev was somehow linked to id or not. The description for this game is the exact same as the one for id's game.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
04-26-2011, 03:27 AM
Is it a joke ? How can apple let pass this one ?
04-26-2011, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetjet View Post
Is it a joke ? How can apple let pass this one ?
Apple do not play gate keeper for copyright and trademark infringement of things they don't own. They wait for the complaints and takes them down, but don't enforce them themselves in the first instance. They don't have the time to chase up every single trademark for every app submitted.
04-26-2011, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkgoo View Post
Apple do not play gate keeper for copyright and trademark infringement of things they don't own. They wait for the complaints and takes them down, but don't enforce them themselves in the first instance. They don't have the time to chase up every single trademark for every app submitted.
But still... you just have to take one look at this and go "Come on now.."

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
04-26-2011, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainter View Post
But still... you just have to take one look at this and go "Come on now.."
Like lol, just take a look at this thread http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...43#post1704443.
The discussion there pretty much sums up everything about app store piracy, apple review team's incompetence etc.
04-26-2011, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkgoo View Post
Apple do not play gate keeper for copyright and trademark infringement of things they don't own.
I wish. Apple's legal department has been scrutinizing one of my apps' licensing documentation for nearly 2 months now.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
04-26-2011, 07:16 AM
Wolfenstein is open source. Open source licenses typically allow users to customize/modify engine or reproduce games as they see fit. If I am correct in my grasp of open source copyright law there is no infringement. Personally any quality retro FPS fine by me.
04-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Personally any quality retro FPS fine by me.
Shame here, just a shame Wolfenstein was out before. Be nice to get a new retro FPS