★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Thumbstar Games
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Big Fishing is a realistic fishing game where you travel globally to Dokdo Island, Maldives, Florida, Cape Town and New Zealand. Through 5 locations designed from actual maps and 56 different types of fish. The delicate texture and movements of the fish are similar to real-life fishing experiences, distinguishing itself from other ordinary fishing games. With Big Fishing you will feel like you are actually there at the island catching some of the most amazing fish of the sea!
Features
Developed with an intuitive game engine-based dynamic movements, a perfect 2D simulation is achieved (two types of movements: one is the movement of the fishing pole, and the other is the shaking of the entire boat when a large fish is caught).
The realistic touch and movement of the fish provide a whole new experience of fishing.
The 56 fish were created based on the world's five most popular fisheries.
Through the points players gain by fishing techniques, item upgrading at 6 different categories is possible.
04-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Seems this game is being re-published by a different developer. It was called Fishing Tycoon before and game play was terribly sub-par and the language was translated so badly you couldn't understand it. The instructions were very texty also, and it just wasn't fun to play at all, either. The fishing mechanics were really good IMO, though, and I saw great potential in it if it would've been made better; if they had taken the time to make it in English, and made it easier to just pick up and play without all the gibberish. Boat control left a lot to be desired as well, but there was something about it that made me keep it in my library, hoping later it might be updated and playable. Fast forward half a year at least to now, here it is again and the icon cought my attention, so turns out another dev is putting this out now, but I can't tell if it's been cleaned up much, and the description pictures still use the old name on them, so I'm assuming it hasn't been. I contacted the new dev, and he said they're working on updates, and since they'll probably charge me to buy it again, I'm definitely gonna hold on this one until when/if they do fix it and bring it up to par. I love good fishing games, and I'll keep my fingers crossed here.

Last edited by bigrand1; 04-26-2011 at 03:35 PM.