★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: It's time to protect your possessions from Soviet AI! Take control of one of the special mechs on 15 missions and protect a rare power cores from innumerable waves of enemies. Build towers, upgrade them to gain new abilities and learn skills to improve your defense. No enemy shall survive this battle!

It's unique game on App Store in Hero Tower Defense genre - don't miss your chance to play it!

"This is a fun and unique game unlike anything else currently available on the appstore and is well worth the asking price. Great job Devs!" - Ojtitus, TouchArcade

Features:
- 4 upgradable Tower types,
- 27 upgradable skills, including special abilities like Slow, Stun, Feedback and much more!
- 8 enemy types, including Warp, Stealth and Bosses;

Tips:
- You can use Hero as turret: while holding shooting joystick you can tap elsewhere to Aim.
- Use Towers to build Labyrinth: enemies spend more time walking under fire.

Our new HTD 'Robots vs Zombies' is live - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/robots-vs-zombies/id463758993?l=ru&ls=1&mt=8
04-26-2011, 04:38 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
LOL...the icon looks like a... MOUSE?
Lol ... indeed ...

@Developer: Soviet AI? ... you are a little bit late ...

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

04-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Has anyone actually played this because I think it looks really good. I love TD games and DSS games and this is a mix of both those. I would love to hear any feedback on this game otherwise I might have to give it a try.

Last edited by ojtitus; 04-26-2011 at 10:06 AM.
04-27-2011, 02:31 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Badim
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
LOL...the icon looks like a... MOUSE?
how that?
should be Turret =)
04-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Badim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
@Developer: Soviet AI? ... you are a little bit late ...
late for what? should be ok, just few decades passed after USSR fall =)
04-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Honestly I'm a little surprised this thread isn't a little busier. I have had a chance to spend some time with the game and it is a lot of fun.

Red Storm Defense has one mode of play that features 15 levels. The game starts with a short 30 second pause in which you can build your towers to defend your four orbs from the incoming forces. The enemy forces aren't just trying to make it to a set point, they are trying to grab your four red orbs and take them back through the door with them. There are four different tower types that can each be upgraded a couple different ways and adds some more depth to the game. Then you have your mech which you can level up and equip with lots of different weapons and accessories, your mech is controlled with a dual stick shooter layout and really keeps you busy when the enemy waves come.

Inbetween each wave of enemies you are given 30 seconds to upgrade and build any towers with the money you earned from killing the last wave of enemies. After you complete a level you are awarded money to upgrade your mech and skill points to add extra strength to your towers. There are several different skills for each tower type and these skill upgrades are permanent unlike the upgrades you do during battle. There are a few IAP purchases that can allow you access to exclusive additional mechs, weapons, or accessories. Overall this is a fun and unique game unlike anything else available on the appstore and is well worth the asking price.

If anyone has any questions I will do my best to answer them.

Last edited by ojtitus; 04-27-2011 at 08:19 AM.
04-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Honestly I'm a little surprised this thread isn't a little busier.
The screens aren't all that great or interesting and the price is a bit high for an introductory app.

www.theageofknights.com

Game Center ID: NoThru22
04-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
The screens aren't all that great or interesting and the price is a bit high for an introductory app.
That may be your opinion, I'm just a little surprised no one shares my opinion. This is actually a really fun game that's a mix between two of the more popular genres of games. I don't know of any other dual stick shooter/tower defense games.
04-27-2011, 01:11 PM
The publisher stepped up and offered me a code, so he must have faith in his product. I will download and try tonight or tomorrow. Maybe if it's as good as Ojtitus suggests, then I could make some suggestions for the screenshots.

www.theageofknights.com

Game Center ID: NoThru22
04-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Looks fun. The price is a bit high for me though. Any gameplay videos?

Gameloft Live/OpenFeint/AGON/Plus+/iTunes Reviewer: Revlisoft / GameCenter: SilverDragon / Favs: Project Phoenix Doodle Jump Dungeon Hunter 2 Sentinel 1/2/3 Tiny Tower Cartoon Wars GoldRush Dragon Portals Puzzle Quest 2 AoD Trenches Order & Chaos Nick Chase Superfall