Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-05-2011, 11:35 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Great game! Feels simple at first, but in managing multiple resources (coins, weapons, actions, and events) gives lots of options. Different combinations can give you Better odds in each battle. It pays to be aware of the aliens potential combo's and the rooms change your tactics as well. You have to plan for the battle that you are in, and for the remaining rooms at the same time.

I hope in the future:
1. To play as the aliens and they to wear down the marine
2. Multi player
Old 11-21-2011, 12:59 AM

Arise!

I'm puzzled as to why the aliens block off one of the rooms. Letting the player have a choice of room would add another strategic element, and make the game more fun.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:33 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Arise!

I'm puzzled as to why the aliens block off one of the rooms. Letting the player have a choice of room would add another strategic element, and make the game more fun.
Yeah but I think there is at least one card that lets you bypass a blocked entry and don't you have a choice of rooms when retreating?
Old 11-21-2011, 11:35 AM

Not sure, Tim, I've only played one game. It just seemed like a strange design decision to me.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Yeah but I think there is at least one card that lets you bypass a blocked entry and don't you have a choice of rooms when retreating?
If you lose a life then you get to choose either room on your next turn. If you win a round then the aliens choose the room that benefits them more. I'm loving the game. I just need more of it! More decks as an iap would be cool and more rounds per game.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:23 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default This game has disappeared from the appstore.

I love this game...wanted to re-install it; no dice. This is really starting to piss me off, all of my obscure favorites seem to be vanishing from the wifi store.

Blackhelios had another game I wanted to reinstall that I never really got around to playing; a euro-boardgame named Joan of Arc.

Something fishy is going on here; if you search for Blackhelios, you'll find a developer, but it must be a different one. This blackhelios has 3 releases, all children's games, if I remember.

Screw the appstore. I got my .ipa's...I would rather just pay for a game via credit card or paypal direct from the developer right now and recieve an .ipa in my inbox. That is, until Apple gets around to unscrewimg up the Windows version of iTune, and quits screwing around with their search engine, app acceptance policies, obsessive submission policies but anything goes update rules, etc.

It's 2 in the morning and now I can't get my game on dammit.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

IT'S BACK IN THE STORE! Blackhelios must have had issues, the publisher completely dissapeared from the store. All of there games are back. Now I can finally learn how to play Jean de Arc.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:27 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
IT'S BACK IN THE STORE! Blackhelios must have had issues, the publisher completely dissapeared from the store. All of there games are back. Now I can finally learn how to play Jean de Arc.
I hadn't even noticed they'd disappeared, to be honest. Played another game of this as a result of seeing the thread pop up, and like it way, way more on the iPad, definitely; this always felt a little fiddly and unfriendly on my iPod Touch, and I didn't spend much time with it.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:25 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I just stumbled onto this from a post on BGG. This is actually a lot of fun. I highly recommend it.

Link to physical version: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/99976/alien-menace