★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tactical Warrior is a strategic RPG with fast paced, turn based battles. Battle the men and beasts of the land as you discover new items and strengthen your team of warriors.

Features:
- 10 Classes of Warriors - Each with a variety of attacks and passive abilities to choose from.

- 60 Items - Find some chain mail and a book of mastery to replace that stale bread your wielding.

- 100+ Battles - The single player campaign features well over 100 battles ranging from a one sided battle against a badger to challenging battles against bears, skilled warriors and more.

- Hot Seat Multiplayer - Challenge your friends in hot seat multiplayer skirmishes.

- 60+ Achievements - Unlock over 60 various achievements on Game Centre and Openfeint ranging from trivial achievements to great challenges.

Reviews:
"This is a really well designed, challenging, turn-based game featuring relatively small maps with a good variety of missions. The whole game appears well designed and thoughtfully put together."
89.5/100 - ArcadeLife

"Give this one a try if you like thinking before you swing your sword."
- SlideToPlay

Ravenblack's comments:

Lite:

04-26-2011, 06:34 AM
Congratulations on the release, downloading now

04-26-2011, 06:39 AM
Hmm looks interesting. The graphics kind of put me off, but I think I'll try the Lite. Always on the lookout for good strategy games.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
04-26-2011, 06:39 AM
i was lurking in your upcoming thread. buying now!
04-26-2011, 07:08 AM
been playing it for awhile now. played through the tutorial, and the first five fights. i have to say that I'm impressed with what is here. don't be turned off by the graphics, this game is solid. playing it on ipad in 2x mode and is looking great!
04-26-2011, 08:06 AM
hahahahah,.... been waiting for it for ages and now its here !!! yeah yeah yeah...at last

GameCenter: Rivozzz
04-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Awesome game. It's a lot like Battleheart, only that this is turn based. A bite size tactical battle game. I find that a whole lot more manageable, but that's my preference. You start of by selecting a pair of fighters -- warriors (barbarian+paladin), monks or range (javelin thrower and alchemist), but as you battle and win, you get to recruit new fighters of other classes and sometimes higher level fighters than your own.

Tactical decisions involve whether you should move quickly and be able to attack on the same round or sprint forward and forfeit being able to strike. All skills and attack have stamina costs. So you might use a powerful high damage skill but that might mean you won't be able to act for a turn or two after that due to lack of stamina. Friendly fire is also possible, so need to be careful doing that whirlwind with your barbarian if you have allies by his side. There's also loot to collect, skills to unlock and upgrade.

One point on the map contains several different types of battles to choose from -- easy ones like 2 vs 1 to 3 vs 3's. It's not just vs battles, seems like there are other battle modes. There's a "Battle of Flags" where the purpose is to destroy your opponents flag while protecting your own since the other side is trying to do the same thing. There is also "wave" battle mode. So that should keep things from getting too routine.

The only thing that seemed a bit strange at the moment is that icon is not showing up in the store, but it does show up on my device after a restart.

Last edited by Ravenblack; 04-26-2011 at 08:48 AM. Reason: adding more details and finds.
04-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Tried the lite and it is actually a decent game.

The issues I have are that some of the enemies look just like your players which gives the game a generic feel. Equipping items does not change the look of the character, not a huge deal but with so many characters looking the same, this would help in telling who is who. The other is no matter what side my character attacks from the attack comes from the left. This ends up being odd when you have someone surrounded and an attack from one of you characters seems to come from another.
04-26-2011, 09:46 AM
I've spent a little bit of time with the lite version and really enjoy the game so far, I only wish you could replay missions.
04-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Tried the Lite, and it's pretty decent. Nice variety in mission types.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind