Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Banned
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
No one is arguing about guilds, Creepshow is attempting to one-up me by "proving" that Gameloft's early release in Canada wasn't any kind of beta test when it was. I have no clue why he's so insistent, as I'm not sure what there is to gain by trying to argue against how rolling out a wide-scale online game works on the App Store.
Yea I know what the argument was about, but I'm just thi king that in order to make a good guild for everyone on TA, we need to merge the 2 guilds. People want to join your guild, but it's impossible to create several guilds without a guild website to organize everything.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:18 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzarop View Post
Yea I know what the argument was about, but I'm just thi king that in order to make a good guild for everyone on TA, we need to merge the 2 guilds. People want to join your guild, but it's impossible to create several guilds without a guild website to organize everything.
What's wrong with this web site?

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=92479
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=92480
Old 04-27-2011, 12:26 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
No one is arguing about guilds, Creepshow is attempting to one-up me by "proving" that Gameloft's early release in Canada wasn't any kind of beta test when it was. I have no clue why he's so insistent, as I'm not sure what there is to gain by trying to argue against how rolling out a wide-scale online game works on the App Store.
OK, just to settle this. Releasing the game only on the Canada App Store was the safe option, in case anything would have worked wrong with IAP or with subscriptions, the damage would have been minimal. As any person that has been involved in iOS game development knows, during tests, when the game isn't live, you can only use Sandbox accounts and there are some limitations. So Canada was the live test for O&C.
Hodapp, you can give me a PM if you want to be sure that this is actually backed up.

Last edited by ratonbox; 04-27-2011 at 12:29 PM..
Old 04-27-2011, 12:28 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

60-player guild limit? Son-of-a....
Old 04-27-2011, 12:31 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratonbox View Post
Hodapp, you can give me a PM if you want to be sure that this is actually backed up.
I know it's backed up.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:32 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 5.x

Guys, I am struggling to see what the attraction is with this game, someone help me out here.

1) Firstly you have to connect to Wifi to play it which limits where you can play it. I could use my Wifi at home but then I would much rather play a MMORPG on a big monitor / tv than on an iPhone/iPad. iPhone gaming is supposed to be portable, something you can play on the go.

2) According to the front page article the 2 factions are not hostile with each other and can play together in the same group. There is no open world PvP or anything.. whats the point of having 2 factions then?

3) With the ability to IAP gold, that completely destroys the games form of currency and people wishing to spend real money will dominate the game within days.

4) Again according to the front page the AI is awful, you can kite monsters much stronger than you all over the place which completely defeats the objective of having to group with other players.

5) It looks like you can only have a few spells on screen at once which basically means PvP is just going to consist of spamming the same move over and over.

6) You have to pay for the game and then pay for subscriptions.. (ok its not much but still.. Gameloft please?)

Basically its a very watered down clone of WoW which Gameloft are using to suck more of our money in. Again you have to play over Wifi which means most people will play it in their own homes so you might as well just play WoW..

Last edited by TotallyImba; 04-27-2011 at 12:36 PM..
Old 04-27-2011, 12:37 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyImba View Post
Guys, I am struggling to see what the attraction is with this game, someone help me out here.

1) Firstly you have to connect to Wifi to play it which limits where you can play it. I could use my Wifi at home but then I would much rather play a MMORPG on a big monitor / tv than on an iPhone/iPad. iPhone gaming is supposed to be portable, something you can play on the go.

2) According to the front page article the 2 factions are not hostile with each other and can play together in the same group. There is no open world PvP or anything.. whats the point of having 2 factions then?

3) With the ability to IAP gold, that completely destroys the games form of currency and people wishing to spend real money will dominate the game within days.

4) Again according to the front page the AI is awful, you can kite monsters much stronger than you all over the place which completely defeats the objective of having to group with other players.

5) It looks like you can only have a few spells on screen at once which basically means PvP is just going to consist of spamming the same move over and over.

6) You have to pay for the game and then pay for subscriptions.. (ok its not much but still.. Gameloft please?)

Basically its a very watered down clone of WoW, again you have to play on Wifi which means most people will play it in their own homes so you might as well just play WoW..

It is a 3D MMORPG on your iDevice.
'nuff said.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:39 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

60 guild member limit? looks like you will have to make guild1 guild2 guild3 and so on, more money to gameloft :P
Old 04-27-2011, 12:40 PM

Default So Lame

We are leaving work today at 1 pm Central and the power is down in my neighborhood due to bad weather, so now I have no WiFi to use. Just my luck that Order and Chaos would be available to download, but now my WiFi is down.
See you guys in game later.

Last edited by Casmi; 04-27-2011 at 12:50 PM..
Old 04-27-2011, 12:44 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Okay, signed up and played a bit. Not bad, but as a warrior, I will need to get a bow so that I can more effectively crowd control. died accidentally taking on three spiders at once...

I've "signed up" on Creepshow's site so hopefully I will get into that guild.

Now of course, let's see if Gameloft actually maintains the game. Hopefully this isn't just another clone that was hastily made to make a quick buck.