★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Chaos Rings Omega [Square Enix]

04-26-2011, 10:28 PM
#11
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: On a Boat!
Posts: 214
OMG now i want it. if its anything like the first one or better, i will love this.
04-27-2011, 12:05 AM
#12
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,759
Another interesting development:

Apparently Chaos Rings Omega is not Chaos Rings 2...
Famitsu says that Square Enix is ALSO working on a Chaos Rings 2.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

04-27-2011, 12:32 AM
#13
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Posts: 7,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Another interesting development:

Apparently Chaos Rings Omega is not Chaos Rings 2...
Famitsu says that Square Enix is ALSO working on a Chaos Rings 2.
weird. Wonder if this will be for Xperia play or something like that. chances are, we aren't getting 2 Chaos Rings games.
04-27-2011, 12:41 AM
#14
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,737
I wonder what the difference is going to be between CRO and CR2. When they've added something like that on top of the name, I feel like it's usually a different type of RPG or sometimes not even an RPG at all.
04-27-2011, 03:02 AM
#15
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,033
New info:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201..._omega_in_may/

Summary:

Chaos Rings Omega will be a prequel to the original and is releasing in Japan in May. I would assume it will come to the US sometime after.

The bit in the magazine about Chaos Rings 2 is just a teaser ad and has no information about the game, but at least that confirms that it exists and will eventually come.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
04-27-2011, 03:22 AM
#16
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Tehran-Iran
Posts: 1,435
omg my favorite ios game is backing..... o.o

PSN: italodancemp3
iOS MFi Controller: MOGA Ace Power
iDevice: iPhone 6S Plus , iPhone 5, iPad Pro 12.9' WIFI+Cellular 256 GB
04-27-2011, 05:43 AM
#17
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
New info:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201..._omega_in_may/

Summary:

Chaos Rings Omega will be a prequel to the original and is releasing in Japan in May. I would assume it will come to the US sometime after.

The bit in the magazine about Chaos Rings 2 is just a teaser ad and has no information about the game, but at least that confirms that it exists and will eventually come.
Hell yes a prequel is exactly the kind of thing I want. Let's hope they mean May of 2011... Still waiting for FFT.
04-27-2011, 05:19 PM
#18
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Posts: 7,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
New info:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201..._omega_in_may/

Summary:

Chaos Rings Omega will be a prequel to the original and is releasing in Japan in May. I would assume it will come to the US sometime after.

The bit in the magazine about Chaos Rings 2 is just a teaser ad and has no information about the game, but at least that confirms that it exists and will eventually come.
So, both are coming? AWESOME!!
04-27-2011, 06:27 PM
#19
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashflow View Post
Still need to buy the original...
Missed the massive sale by SE earlier this year, because I got my iTunes money the day the sale ended

I'll just have to make sure I always have $15 on my account

On topic, however: this sounds very promising! I like how SE is bringing exclusives to iOS (and it's even better that they aren't just half-baked games to get money )
Take the plunge! Though the $13 price tag does look steep, I've put in at least 3 times that amount in hours. That makes it about $0.30-33 per hour - and I still haven't even fully beaten the game!

Username on every gaming network I'm on: kaboom132. I have tested 21 games. Will test your game if you wish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
I think I was high when I typed that. My apologies.
04-27-2011, 06:53 PM
#20
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom132 View Post
Take the plunge! Though the $13 price tag does look steep, I've put in at least 3 times that amount in hours. That makes it about $0.30-33 per hour - and I still haven't even fully beaten the game!
You must be taking your time then lol..

Twitter: @back2this