Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-27-2011, 01:47 AM
The Bearded One
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Forever Drive by SuperMono (Dev of MiniSquadron and EpicWin)

SuperMono blog:

http://www.supermono-studios.com/cat...drive-forever/

Quote:
Hey guys…Big news today – it’s time to announce our next game! It’s called Drive Forever, and we’re super-excited about it!

It’s quite a strange idea. To describe it in terms of existing games, it would have to be sort of a massively multiplayer OutRun-meets-SimCity, but set in the FUTURE.

If that makes sense.

So, let me explain.

It’s sort of two games in one. Feeling creative? Build an awesome city, and sketch a winding road running between the towering skyscrapers! In the mood for some arcade action? Race through the giant mega-city that everybody has worked together to build!

When we say Drive Forever, we mean it. The idea is that you never need to drive the same bit of road twice. You just press ‘drive’, and the game picks a section of track that somebody’s made, and downloads it. As you get to the end of that bit of track…it downloads a NEW bit of track, that somebody else has built, and seamlessly adds it to the end. And it keeps going! Forever! Or until you run out of time…

Imagine it as sort of like a YouTube playlist of the best tracks people have made, all laid out end-to-end. You can rate tracks, and save your favourites to play later. And the ratings from everyone around the world are used to automatically pick the best tracks for your never-ending driving pleasure.

There’s also going to be loads of unlockables, bonuses and achievements on both sides of the game as well. So, drive well? You’ll unlock new cars, custom paintwork, and blinged-out accessories! You made a track that everybody loves? You’ll get rewarded depending on how people rate your track, and how many people drive your track, and you can unlock new buildings, themes and cool scenery!

I am SO EXCITED I can hardly explain it.

What else. Some basic facts:

* Initial release will be on iOS, most likely requiring iOS 4.0 and upwards (so it’ll run on anything more recent than an iPhone 3G)

* It’s going to feature our new graphics engine, so expect lots of slick 3D, fluidly curving tracks, and beautiful neon lights

* It’ll be playable offline, but obviously to get new tracks and upload scores and tracks you’ll need access to the internet.

* It is definitely going to be the most awesome game ever

We’re deep into production right now, we’re aiming to finish in the next 2-3 months, although that could vary either way. You know how it goes – making a game is a lot of work!

By the way, what do you think of the name? It’s surprisingly hard to come up with names for games nowadays – all the good ones are taken. We also considered Electro Pace, or possibly Turbo Awesome. Those would probably have been pretty cool.

We’ll be following up with lots of work-in-progress posts, so check back later this week for more articles, news and features!
Old 04-27-2011, 02:47 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Overhead racer + custom track design + classic TRON look?

Oh, yes. I am extremely interested in this one. Hopefully it'll be universal!
Old 04-27-2011, 02:53 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Good name. Makes me think of 'Race Forever', an old Choose Your Own Adventure book which had you taking part in a couple of rallies - you choose which one to do first and technically it *was* possible to keep alternating between the two in a loop and thus 'race forever'. Maybe that would be a better title? Drive is a little passive as a word.

Anything I could do to help? Would love to be involved with this.

Last edited by TouchChatterbox; 04-27-2011 at 03:11 AM..
Old 04-27-2011, 03:20 AM
The Bearded One
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Actually, they say in their blog post that two of their rejected titles were Electro Pace and Turbo Awesome. Given that, I think that Drive Forever was the smarter choice

But the comments on that post have also sparked people to offer up all sorts of crazy and funny alternate names. You should check it out. Personally, I really like Drive Forever and hope they keep it
Old 04-27-2011, 03:31 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
Actually, they say in their blog post that two of their rejected titles were Electro Pace and Turbo Awesome. Given that, I think that Drive Forever was the smarter choice

But the comments on that post have also sparked people to offer up all sorts of crazy and funny alternate names. You should check it out. Personally, I really like Drive Forever and hope they keep it
Omg thx for the info of this game Jared! It looks amazing
Old 04-27-2011, 04:09 AM

Looks fantastic!!!! When will it be released?
Old 04-27-2011, 05:56 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

This looks incredible! Can't wait for more info. My mind is racing with the possibilities here (no pun intended).
Old 04-27-2011, 06:05 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Omg. Sweet insta buy
Old 04-27-2011, 06:38 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

It does look fantastic! Saving track sections is great.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:28 AM

The atmosphere reminds me of the city levels in Dethkarz. I loved that game, espacially with a steering wheel.
From what I read here it seems the building part will be more like TrackMania.
Looks promising!