Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-28-2011, 11:53 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Not that I don't like it but for me at a glance it looks a bit like a snail shell on a gear wheel.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:58 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to your personal robot

Just purchased. Really beautiful game. The touch controls are perfect! Still have to try tilt. Grafics, music and atmosphere are wonderful. Besides the Dark Nebula series (which is still unmatched to me) by far the best ball rolling game.
There is Dark Nebula, then right behind (just not as cinematic and thrilling) comes Gears ...and then, for a long time... there is nothing. Great job.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguy3 View Post
I agree, theres nothing wrong with the icon. It's perfect the way it is and I think the colors make it stand out. I hope it doesn't change to an icon with boring, darker colors. We have enough of those already.
This is a colorful game, but it's not THAT colorful. I think the icon should be less bright and vibrant.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:13 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
did you try adjusting the sensativity?

tip for free: small swipes work best!

and thanks!
Fantastic job on Gears. Seriously.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:26 AM
iPhone 5

I think i've found a problem with the game. When I play for long periods of time, I notice that the game seems to get choppier the farther that I get into it. So I tried a little experiment. I played the same level, over and over, and over again, and each new time the level loaded up, it got choppier and had more jitters.

I think there's some sort of memory issue whenever the game loads a new level after going to the menu or to the score screen. Has anyone else notice this?
Old 04-29-2011, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko6 View Post
I think i've found a problem with the game. When I play for long periods of time, I notice that the game seems to get choppier the farther that I get into it. So I tried a little experiment. I played the same level, over and over, and over again, and each new time the level loaded up, it got choppier and had more jitters.

I think there's some sort of memory issue whenever the game loads a new level after going to the menu or to the score screen. Has anyone else notice this?
yep i just reboot my device but it can get annoying
Old 04-29-2011, 03:58 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen)

awesomeness ever!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:18 AM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
The design is great, no doubt about it. I just want the colors to be a little darker.
actually I'm mad because its supposed to be lighter. I used the wrong icon!
oh well.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:23 AM
Banned
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko6 View Post

Yeah for me its the sound that goes "choppy" after receiving a call or a push notification, and the game gets laggy in some way after some playtime. I have an iPhone 4 and play in medium graphics. But this is a minor annoyance in my opinion, as the game is good (NOTE: Im playing on easy, normal is more like hard for me). Oh, and please let the icon be the way it is, i like it this way.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:06 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Kudos to Josh et al for a lovely game. And many thanks for making it universal. My fine motor coordination ain't what it used to be, which means my performance, such as it is, is always significantly higher on the Pad than on the Phone, although I am playing on both.

I love the graphics and appreciate all games which allow me to have a ton of fun even though I am only competing against my ownself. Appreciate swipe controls and the ability to set and reset sensitivity of those controls and it sounds like those who are into leaderboards and achievements will have their wishes with coming updates.

Great job, as usual, CM!