Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-08-2011, 07:15 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Well clearly you cannot be correct in your main assumption (that all you need for gold is getting all of the power gears), as I have gotten all of the gears on Level 2 (world 1) on all difficulties, and still have not gotten a gold medal.

I have not noticed the score discrepancy you comment on, in that, so far, every score I have received that is higher than a previous score has always gotten the same medal or greater. I have not yet received a lower medal (or ribbon) for an increased score. Now that you bring it to my attention I will make sure to double check after each level attempt.

It's also possible that there is some glitch involved, as I am stumped as to why level 2 is giving me such problems, when I am able to Gold much harder levels with ease.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Banned
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsel View Post
Well clearly you cannot be correct in your main assumption (that all you need for gold is getting all of the power gears), as I have gotten all of the gears on Level 2 (world 1) on all difficulties, and still have not gotten a gold medal.

Likewise, your assumption about score being used to determine medal type cannot be correct, since it's possible to gold certain levels (e.g. level 7 in world 3) while using unlimited lives and getting no time bonus. The tilt bonus, though generally small compared to scores possible in the later levels, may well be an important factor in golding the earlier levels.

Last edited by Grubjelly; 05-08-2011 at 08:54 PM..
Old 05-15-2011, 03:47 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Yes! I am now number 2 in the world for the first world (minus the 2 hackers)
Old 05-15-2011, 05:12 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Wooooooh! Unofficial #1 in the world for brass menagerie!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:36 AM
Banned
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Hey there, Crescent Moon Games, how is the update going? I want to play this but due to audio issues (mainly lag), this game is unplayable for me so im wondering when the update will hit the AppStore....
Old 05-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_TA View Post
Im also waiting for an update to fix the sound problem, its chopped and i cant play like that, its annoying

Quote:
Hey there, Crescent Moon Games, how is the update going? I want to play this but due to audio issues (mainly lag), this game is unplayable for me so im wondering when the update will hit the AppStore....
It's obvious that you're not spamming.

Last edited by Grubjelly; 05-17-2011 at 07:36 AM..
Old 05-17-2011, 07:39 AM

^ His post is at least relevant unlike yours and so is mine (:
Old 05-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Banned
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubjelly View Post
It's obvious that you're not spamming.
Its an actual problem, its really happening, and i hope it gets fixed...
Old 05-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
That's the third time you've complained about it in less than two weeks, yet with no further insights that would give the impression that you've actually played the game and are not, along with stpj, just looking for an excuse to advertise another game.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
The amount of Spammers and Hackers on the App Store now is stupid. What is the point of adding leaderboards to games when all that is going to happen is people Hacking them? This leads me to my second question. Why Do It? I mean what is the point? It is obvious when people spam because they put silly scores up which is stupid. I mean if they had half a brain they would put a score up that is believable.

Apple need to do one of a few things to fix/stop this.

1. Have a robot go through games looking for people that have hacked scores. How do they do this? Well if they insert a code in games that get "Purchased" from the app store the robot should be able to search for that code. If that code does not show up for a user then there score should be removed.

2. Have the option for people to report hacked scores. 10 reports should lead for a score to be removed.

3. Give the developers the option to set a high score limit for the games leaderboards. If a user it to exceed this limit then there score shall be removed. The developer would be able to change the high score limit if they believe that it is easier to get to the limit as people get more experienced.

4. Give people the ability to remove scores. They could contact users that the community nominates. Or apple employees that should be given the power to go through leaderboards and remove/ban users from games.

5. This would be the biggest option. Make Jailbreaking a device impossible so we would no have this problem in the first place.

6. Finally crack down on sites and videos that promote hacking leaderboards.

I know this is a bit of topic but i felt it needed to be said.