• Publisher: Owlchemy Labs
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 41.4 MB
  • Version: 1.9.7
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.4 (9)
App description: Now with over 30,000 free community levels included! Create your own and race, now optimized for Retina!

* The premiere snuggling game :) *

Featured by PC World, TouchArcade, Kotaku, Joystiq, Penny Arcade, George Lopez Tonight and countless others!

Reviews:
***** PocketGamer - Game of the Week
"It's bonkers, hilarious, and utterly addictive... A perfect addition to your home screen."

***** SlideToPlay - Must Have 4/4
"Whether you call it Snuggle Truck or Smuggle Truck, this game is an absolute blast."

***** Kotaku
Gaming App of the Day

***** Penny Arcade
PAX East Boston Indie Showcase

Snuggle Truck is an over-the-top physics-based driving game where you must save your cargo full of animals by delivering them to the zoo quickly. Tilt your truck, catch flying animals, avoid TNT, rocket off of cliffs, and blast through hills, caverns, deserts, and forests while trying to keep those animals in the truck!

Features:

- New recording feature for saving the funniest and most amazing replays. Upload straight to Youtube! (iPhone 4 / iPad 2 and up!)

- Bumpy physics gameplay makes for hilarious results -- keep those animals in the truck while bouncing over obstacles and down cliffs.

- Optimized for the iPhone 5 with crisp hi-res graphics!

- Access to tons new content thanks to community-created levels.

- Beautifully hand-painted backgrounds and high resolution graphics crafted by the genius artist of 'Curse of Monkey Island' fame.

- Built-in Level Editor - showcase your creative side! Make crazy-fun levels and share them with others.

- Rocket boosters, flying animals, backflips, loops, roadkill, moose, TNT, and more!

- Game Center leaderboards and achievements - race for the fastest time!

- Dynamic medal system rewards multiple gameplay styles. Try to save every passenger or go for the Speed Run and ditch the passengers!

Read about the story behind the game at Snuggletruck.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=92557
04-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Hey all!

Smuggle Truck developers here. First off, thanks for the amazing response to the game. We're very excited that after months of hard work, the game is finally available to all our fans.

Today is our official launch day and we've already seen coverage from big outlets like Joystiq, Kotaku, etc, and plan to see more pop up throughout the week. Regardless of the enormous amount of e-mails we're starting to get, we'd like to keep you guys in the loop and give you some details.

We were denied entry to the App Store with our submission of Smuggle Truck. The rejection was based on content issues. The exact details of the rejection and our specific communications with Apple are NDA'ed so unfortunately we can't speak to that. Snuggle Truck is our way to bring the gameplay that people enjoyed with Smuggle Truck to the players on the App Store. You can see in our trailer (embedded just below), players absolutely LOVE the game, the physics, the controls, the award system, and the overall feel. The change to Snuggle Truck is purely graphical and the gameplay remains the same. In fact, the only difference in Snuggle Truck is you're bringing animals from the wilderness to the comfort of a zoo, where they'll be provided plenty of food, water and free state-of-the-art health care.

That being said, Smuggle Truck is available in its un-edited form on PC and Mac and is being sold through our website, http://smuggletruck.com for those who want to experience the original.

Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Explanatory video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

I encourage you guys to comment on our Facebook fan page and show your support or post your thoughts. http://facebook.com/smuggletruck

Owlchemy Labs: Creating absurd and highly polished downloadable games.

Jack Lumber: Out now! TA Forum thread
Snuggle Truck: Out now! TA Forum thread
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! (F=ma): Out now! TA Forum thread
Super Ramen Brothers:: TA Forum thread
04-28-2011, 10:05 AM
There is so much hype behind this game that I am actually considering to buy the pc/mac version, where I can change from ugly and pesky animals to cute and fluffy mexicans.

04-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Very fun! Don't care whether it's people or stuff animals. It's fun.

#1 in Rocky Horror! Woo. Not for long I'm sure.
04-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Ruh-roh I see a human person!

04-28-2011, 10:26 AM
I was really looking forward to this game. Kind of disappointed that it changed names. Maybe I just wanted to buy it with the controversy surrounding it. But in the end, I hate to see the original idea from a developer get scratched so they can be more politically correct.

How I got my Free iPad 2
04-28-2011, 10:31 AM
thanks for the explanation! I understand why it all had to go down that way and am glad to see we can still get the original I'll be buying it for sure either way

How I got my Free iPad 2
04-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Insta buy for my iPad!

Review:

I review apps on my YouTube channel! If you would like me to review your app then message me! CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF GAMES I'VE BETA TESTED

Last edited by AP9TV1; 04-28-2011 at 02:26 PM.
04-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Game Centre does not work with this game.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
04-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavarotti2007 View Post
Game Centre does not work with this game.
It does, it kicks in after the tutorial. But after you start the game up every time it takes a while for Game Center to appear.

I review apps on my YouTube channel! If you would like me to review your app then message me! CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF GAMES I'VE BETA TESTED
04-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP9TV1 View Post
It does, it kicks in after the tutorial. But after you start the game up every time it takes a while for Game Center to appear.
Ah ok. Cheers for the reply.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106