Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-29-2011, 02:39 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

This is a fun game, no matter the theme. I'm enjoying it!

Smuggle Truck for Mac looks great too!
Old 04-29-2011, 03:33 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlchemyLabs View Post
Hey guys,

I wanted to hang out here for a bit and try to answer any questions you may have for the developer.

Fire away.
Will the Mac App Store have the same options (IE the ability to switch themes) as the one available on your website?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:03 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwet17 View Post
Will the Mac App Store have the same options (IE the ability to switch themes) as the one available on your website?
Since Apple does not want Smuggle Truck on their marketplace, any offering we put out on the Mac App Store would not have that option, no.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Since Apple does not want Smuggle Truck on their marketplace, any offering we put out on the Mac App Store would not have that option, no.
Was wondering why it was changed to snuggle.. haha also i pm'd you
Old 04-29-2011, 04:40 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
Was wondering why it was changed to snuggle.. haha also i pm'd you
We wanted to get the game in the hands of gamers as soon as possible and had to change the theme for iOS. The word play of Snuggle vs Smuggle immediately came to mind and it was a good way to re-use most of the game as-is, with very little change required.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:48 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
We wanted to get the game in the hands of gamers as soon as possible and had to change the theme for iOS. The word play of Snuggle vs Smuggle immediately came to mind and it was a good way to re-use most of the game as-is, with very little change required.
Such drastic change came as a shock to many. Would you consider bringing back people as a load but changing the story, for example farmers need to be delivered to the fields, or miners to a mine? Perhaps it would appeal to those who are averse to "cuteness".
Old 04-29-2011, 05:05 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
Such drastic change came as a shock to many. Would you consider bringing back people as a load but changing the story, for example farmers need to be delivered to the fields, or miners to a mine? Perhaps it would appeal to those who are averse to "cuteness".
Again, we wanted to get the game out there as people had been waiting a long time and it was a long review process. I'm not 100% sure that Apple would accept humans in the back of the truck, immigrating or not, but I knew that stuffed animals would both be acceptable and make people smile. Anyone who would refuse to play a game due to it having something cute in it has larger issues than can be dissected in this Q&A
Old 04-29-2011, 05:12 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Again, we wanted to get the game out there as people had been waiting a long time and it was a long review process. I'm not 100% sure that Apple would accept humans in the back of the truck, immigrating or not, but I knew that stuffed animals would both be acceptable and make people smile. Anyone who would refuse to play a game due to it having something cute in it has larger issues than can be dissected in this Q&A
LOL. Yes, you are right, and isn't it ridiculous that you can have games with humans blown apart, eaten by zombies, drowned, etc but your app was found offensive! Political correctness gets stupid sometimes...
I am going to buy the game since everyone who has actually played it is raving about it. Good luck, guys.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:38 PM

I really, really like this game. It's extremely fun and good looking.

However, I find myself bothered by the new theme. I don't mind the snuggly animals, but having them in the back of a rusty old pickup truck driving through the deserts of Mexico makes no sense. I feel like the truck should be changed to a zoo truck or something. It would be an easy fix, all you'd have to do is color it green and maybe write "zoo" on the side. The setting doesn't make sense either, but I don't mind that as much. Although if you update the game with new levels, it would be cool if you added some new themes.

Other than that, this game is fantastic, and I highly recommend it.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Just posting to say I'm loving this game regardless of people or animals. At first I was a bit dissapointed to see the change but after playing it the gameplay is sweet and I'm glad that it's had a release rather than just being refused and never released.

I'd kind of agree about the change of background with it being cute animals a bright and colourful backdrop with green grass and blue skies would make more sense.

But still with all the changes and whatever it still remains a really fun game that's totally worth the price.