★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: A very familiar platformer

04-27-2011, 01:51 PM
A very familiar platformer

An interesting Mario type game was just released. Go to app store - games - adventure and it's the 4th down the title is Japanese I think but there is a picture of Mario on the icon.

It's 1$ and is pretty jumpy on an older iPod touch but seems like it might be pretty fun on a newer iPod/iPhone.

Check it out as I don't think it will exist very long.
04-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickUp View Post
An interesting Mario type game was just released. Go to app store - games - adventure and it's the 4th down the title is Japanese I think but there is a picture of Mario on the icon.

It's 1$ and is pretty jumpy on an older iPod touch but seems like it might be pretty fun on a newer iPod/iPhone.

Check it out as I don't think it will exist very long.
Manino Saves the World or something

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.

04-27-2011, 04:11 PM
I grew up with the Italian plumber so when I saw the images I decided to gamble and take a chance at it. Everything from the enemies to the game sounds are pretty much copied from the original Mario and tough the art design is decent the controls are NOT the best. I've experienced moments where they don't respond at all and I'm still trying to finish level one.

I think if the developer takes the time to improve the controls this game may have the potential to become a decent platformer. Unfortunatly I don't see that happening since I'm sure NES will pull this out of the app store as soon as they find out about this clone.
04-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguy3 View Post
I'm sure NES will pull this out of the app store as soon as they find out about this clone.
Exactly what i thought.

Sorry but I don't understand how Apple let clones like that hitting the AppStore
04-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Too bad the controls are bad, otherwise I'd buy it.

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
04-27-2011, 05:04 PM
already a thread for this.. http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=92437

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926
04-27-2011, 05:14 PM
The controls are ok if you keep your fingers on the spot for jump, etc. and control stick, however it seems easy to miss and of course then it's too late. You get used to it after a bit, though. I'm just stoked to have Mario Bros. regardless, and you know soon they'll pull it, so if you're interested, I recommend you jump on this quickly! Glad I did!