★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The TIKI TOTEMS Saga CONTINUES!
FREE for EVERYONE to enjoy.

The Tiki Gods were not pleased. A giant lavalanche came and destroyed the entire village. You have one last chance to make this right.

MAIN FEATURES :
- 135 levels of exciting block destroying, village saving fun!
- FREE level editor
- ability to share levels with your friends via email!
- fantastic new mechanics
- beautiful Retina graphics!
- Game Center achievements
- Updates! More levels on the way!

Don't let the golden blocks fall into the lava. Fail to do so and you shall face the wrath and anger of the Tiki Gods! Do you have what it takes to save what is left of your village?
04-27-2011, 10:56 PM
another tiki totems? yeeeeeh! downloading now...and it's free...super-generous guys

I love this world!

04-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulderino View Post
another tiki totems? yeeeeeh! downloading now...and it's free...super-generous guys
wow, another tiki in its fever! :P

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
04-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Yes Another one

It is not a sequel, nor a prequel, so I'd call it a "spin-off"

It is based on the physics/graphics engine taken from Tiki Totems 2, but...

1) Introduces a different kind of mechanic
2) Is based on a completely different method of levels/packs unlocking
3) Has a greatly revamped and mostly rewritten level editor
4) Introduces many new shapes of blocks as well as a new type of block
5) Portrait mode - just like in the first game

6) UNIVERSAL
7) FREE

Basically we took Tiki 2, stripped it down to the core, added new game mechanic and built a new game that improves whatever we felt needed improvements

I hope you'll enjoy it and please - do share your opinions and observations
04-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antony.thai View Post
wow, another tiki in its fever! :P
LOL yesss! but I have already finished it with 3 stars for each level!!! come on friends...more difficult levels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSz_spokko View Post
Yes Another one

It is not a sequel, nor a prequel, so I'd call it a "spin-off"

It is based on the physics/graphics engine taken from Tiki Totems 2, but...

1) Introduces a different kind of mechanic
2) Is based on a completely different method of levels/packs unlocking
3) Has a greatly revamped and mostly rewritten level editor
4) Introduces many new shapes of blocks as well as a new type of block
5) Portrait mode - just like in the first game

6) UNIVERSAL
7) FREE

Basically we took Tiki 2, stripped it down to the core, added new game mechanic and built a new game that improves whatever we felt needed improvements

I hope you'll enjoy it and please - do share your opinions and observations
First of all, I would to say thank you to make it free...these days are full of new games releases and my wallet cries in a corner like a baby eheh
Well, as written above I have finished it and loved all the levels..as always, ton of fun with tiki titles! Grats for the artwork and levels design...it's very accurate.
Anyway, the new feature I hope u keep for Tiki Totems 3 (or any game u will make) is the typical "Donut Games" three-stars ranking system: it's a great addition; don't lose the habit to insert it!

In few words, a title I can reccomend to all the people that own an iPhone...every Tiki title add new mechanics, elements, different way of thinking during the gameplay...and it's FREE!

I love this world!
04-28-2011, 10:56 AM
I liked what I've played so far, but I really wish this was an addition to Tiki Totems 2.
04-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Quote:
LOL yesss! but I have already finished it with 3 stars for each level!!! come on friends...more difficult levels!
I must say I am surprised, levels felt quite difficult for me when I was testing them (as a programmer I did not design levels, just provided the tools)

Quote:
Anyway, the new feature I hope u keep for Tiki Totems 3 (or any game u will make) is the typical "Donut Games" three-stars ranking system: it's a great addition; don't lose the habit to insert it!
As of now - Tiki Totems 3 is not in production, design, predesign or anything else It's been a year between TT1 and TT2 and we're in no rush to produce a sequel without first having a clear vision as to how it should like like and how we want it to differ from both previous parts and other similar games (and of course make it better compared to them)

As for the 3-star system - we also like it a lot

Quote:
In few words, a title I can reccomend to all the people that own an iPhone...every Tiki title add new mechanics, elements, different way of thinking during the gameplay...and it's FREE!
What device did you play on ? What do you think about performance ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsigns View Post
I liked what I've played so far, but I really wish this was an addition to Tiki Totems 2.
Well, it's free and universal Tiki 2 is neither of those

Additionally we've updated Tiki 2 with 48 levels (that's almost half of the number of levels in the original release) just a few weeks ago
04-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Good and entertaining

I like this type of games!
04-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSz_spokko View Post
I must say I am surprised, levels felt quite difficult for me when I was testing them (as a programmer I did not design levels, just provided the tools)

As of now - Tiki Totems 3 is not in production, design, predesign or anything else It's been a year between TT1 and TT2 and we're in no rush to produce a sequel without first having a clear vision as to how it should like like and how we want it to differ from both previous parts and other similar games (and of course make it better compared to them)

As for the 3-star system - we also like it a lot

What device did you play on ? What do you think about performance ?

Well, just consider I'm a fan of this kind of games...Tiki Totems, Tumbledrop, Danger Cats!, Saving Private Sheep, Glass Tower 1 and 2 and many others, so I have some experience with them

Concerning a possible Tiki Totems 3, I can wait, oh man, I can wait for months, years, centuries!! But I hope to finally see it coming soon or later
So take your time, develop quietly and don't hurry!

I played on my dear 3gs with no lag, with nearly no waiting time, no crashes at all...really can't find issues in this game - oh, maybe sometimes when I touch a block to remove it and make the gold block fall safely I see different behaviours in different matches (when I click on the 'restart' button)
also when I do my first move!

I love this world!
04-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Concerning a possible Tiki Totems 3, I can wait, oh man, I can wait for months, years, centuries!! But I hope to finally see it coming soon or later
So take your time, develop quietly and don't hurry!
Sure thing We operate on "when it's done" calendar

I'm very, very happy that our small studio has real fans, that's ultimate sense of accomplishment

Quote:
I played on my dear 3gs with no lag, with nearly no waiting time, no crashes at all...
Yes, and now compare it to Tiki 1 and you can see what a year can do in terms of knowledge When we started working on Tiki 1 we were still in the university, during our final stages of the Master's. A year later and the sequel starts faster while loading much more resources, works smoother while using many more blocks, has better physics while introducing more complicated shapes. What a difference can a year make

Quote:
really can't find issues in this game - oh, maybe sometimes when I touch a block to remove it and make the gold block fall safely I see different behaviours in different matches (when I click on the 'restart' button)
also when I do my first move!
That's annoying but that comes "bundled" with the physics engine (Box2d). Though we did take a LOT of steps to minimize the issue...