Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-10-2009, 08:32 AM

Default Freefall'n is now available in the App Store

99 cents for a limited time!

Freefall'n Trailer (You Tube)

Youtube link | Pop Up

The easy part is jumping out of the plane, the hard part is racking up a bigger score than your friends, just don’t forget to pull your ripcord before you hit the ground! Take a leap and experience Freefall’n.

Freefall’n puts the excitement of skydiving into your iPhone, without messing up your hair. With it’s intuitive controls, you feel like you’ve just jumped out of the plane. Fly through rings and collect stars to rack up some serious points. It takes only a few taps to jump again (and you don’t even have to repack your own parachute)! Freefall’n takes advantage of high quality aerial photography and an innovative physics model to give players the exciting feeling of free fall.

Play it on easy for a peaceful and relaxing gameplay experience, or step it up to expert for a fast-paced, adrenaline-charged challenge.

Last edited by salsamd; 04-10-2009 at 11:13 AM..
Old 04-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Banned

i waited for this one...
sorry, my standard question, was it build with Unity?
Old 04-10-2009, 09:00 AM

OH SWEET!!!! It launched at $.99 instead of the previously stated $2.99!!!! Instant download!!!!

Last edited by DieseliPhone; 04-10-2009 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: Correction in price
Old 04-10-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pante View Post
i waited for this one...
sorry, my standard question, was it build with Unity?
No this is a custom engine we wrote, interestingly though, we did have a discussion (in office) if we could have built it faster using Unity.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:21 AM

I'm glad you chose the custom engine.

For some reason, somtimes I think Unity stuff comes off looking a little "messy". Maybe it all has to do with the way it's developed. Just my opinion.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:22 AM

Does it have online scoring?
Old 04-10-2009, 09:26 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

So are all of the points scored by catching the stars and landing in the target site? Are there any other twists, powerups, tricky combos, or anything more to the game not really clear in the video?
Old 04-10-2009, 09:39 AM

Great music, reponsive controls, and challenging gameplay. Haven't figured out if the stars and rings are placed randomly at the beginning of each jump or not. The rings and how you hit the target landing zone seem to add bonus multiplier and score rewards. Three levels of difficulty are also available at the beginning of your jump. Does anyone know if there are ways to unlock additional jump zones?

Very well made with high production values. - .99 cents is a total steal!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
So are all of the points scored by catching the stars and landing in the target site? Are there any other twists, powerups, tricky combos, or anything more to the game not really clear in the video?
Rings are multipliers, stars are points. There aren't any powerups (beyond the rings). On the harder levels, there is some skill in simply collecting the stars. We have set achievements to make things more interesting and add some replay value.

I think our team would welcome ideas for making the game better. We can only suggest you play it to see if it needs improvement.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:42 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieseliPhone View Post
Great music, reponsive controls, and challenging gameplay. Haven't figured out if the stars and rings are placed randomly at the beginning of each jump or not. The rings and how you hit the target landing zone seem to add bonus multiplier and score rewards. Three levels of difficulty are also available at the beginning of your jump. Does anyone know if there are ways to unlock additional jump zones?

Very well made with high production values. - .99 cents is a total steal!!!
They say at the very end of the youtube vid that the levels are "procedurally generated" so I figure, if nothing else, the star trails should be randomized.