Allied Star Police - 9 year-old develops game with PopCap as part of Make-A-Wish.

04-28-2011, 01:59 AM
Allied Star Police - 9 year-old develops game with PopCap as part of Make-A-Wish.

I'm not sure if this is an old story, but I just read it on Kotaku. There's a 9 year-old boy who has created a game for iDevices with the help of PopCap Games, and in association with the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

http://kotaku.com/#!5796400/nine+yea...-grants-a-wish

It's called Allied Star Police, and it's going to be an RTS game, from the sounds of it.

Thought this was a rather uplifting article in a way. A much more positive article than the tornadoes in the South and security compromises in our technology.

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
04-28-2011, 02:48 AM
Excellent! I will be purchasing and gifting this app as soon as it drops. I feel honored to support such a cause for such an awesome little guy. I'm not religious by any stretch of the imagination, but tonight I pray that that kid gets well, some how.

Having had a very close family member with lymphoma that couldn't beat that son of a bitch of a disease, I personally feel for this kid and his family.

All the best to him and thank you MasterChief3624 for bringing this to the TA communities attention.

fap

04-28-2011, 04:33 AM
Thats really cute

good stuff !
04-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Nothing to say but: "F*CKING AWESOME!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.
04-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Great article! I will definitely be purchasing the app when it hits the store to support him.

I review apps on my YouTube channel! If you would like me to review your app then message me! CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF GAMES I'VE BETA TESTED
04-29-2011, 01:48 AM
From front page of TA:

Quote:
While PopCap Games is content to leave all unpleasantries to its 4th & Battery division, the good-hearted portion of the company is helping to enrich the life of 9-year old Owain Weinert, according to Kotaku. Partnering with the Make-A-Wish Foundation, who have a long history of helping children stricken with life-threatening illnesses to realize their dreams, PopCap has recruited young Owain as lead designer on an upcoming iOS game called Allied Star Police.
Allied Star Police is a sci-fi real-time strategy game where you play as a base commander who must deploy “automated battle machines” and “targeted ballistic ordnance” in an effort to fight of a race of aliens known as the Flamions. GameSetWatch reports that Owain, who was diagnosed with Leukemia last year, has been visiting the Seattle-based PopCap Games every week helping to create Allied Star Police.

Allied Star Police is still under development and could be as much as a few months from releasing, and PopCap has stated that 100% of the proceeds from the game will go right back into the Make-A-Wish foundation. We wish Owain luck in his new endeavor as a game designer, and we’ll let you know when the game is released in the App Store. There is currently a thread discussing Allied Star Police in our forums, as well.

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
04-29-2011, 02:20 AM
It's super fantastic!
04-29-2011, 05:41 AM
Pure class. First Unpleasant Horse and now this. Gotta love a company that exists to have fun and do good as a top priority. Going to break down for iPad upgrades of my PopCap titles now...
05-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Awesome

It's stories like this that help reaffirm the belief that there are still good people in this world. I plan on getting this game and telling everyone I know about it. And personally, if I had my way I'd have this game stay on the number 1 spot on the app store in sales.

It really takes a company a large amount of balls to develop and put in the time an energy in a effort like this. Many other developers wouldn't even touch this type of thing and I find this whole deal truly uplifting. And I hope the kid overcomes his ailments and turns into the next great game developer.
05-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Dang, if it's RTS I'm in.

Heck, I'll get it if it's not anyway.

GC:SunScape | Plus+:MysticSun | Other:MystikSun
Youtube: SunScapeUPSB | PSN: mudkiprulz|