★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Owlchemy Labs
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 45.0 MB
  • Version: 1.9.7
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: Now with over 30,000 free community levels included! Create your own and race, now optimized for Retina!

The premiere snuggling game :)

Featured by PC World, TouchArcade, Kotaku, Joystiq, Penny Arcade, George Lopez Tonight and countless others!

Reviews:
***** PocketGamer - Game of the Week
"It's bonkers, hilarious, and utterly addictive... A perfect addition to your home screen."

***** SlideToPlay - Must Have 4/4
"Whether you call it Snuggle Truck or Smuggle Truck, this game is an absolute blast."

***** Kotaku
Gaming App of the Day

***** Penny Arcade
PAX East Boston Indie Showcase

Snuggle Truck is an over-the-top physics-based driving game where you must save your cargo full of animals by delivering them to the zoo quickly. Tilt your truck, catch flying animals, avoid TNT, rocket off of cliffs, and blast through hills, caverns, deserts, and forests while trying to keep those animals in the truck!

Features:

- New recording feature for saving the funniest and most amazing replays. Upload straight to Youtube! (iPhone 4 / iPad 2 and up!)

- Bumpy physics gameplay makes for hilarious results -- keep those animals in the truck while bouncing over obstacles and down cliffs.

- Optimized for retina with crisp hi-res graphics!

- Access to tons new content thanks to community-created levels.

- Beautifully hand-painted backgrounds and high resolution graphics crafted by the genius artist of 'Curse of Monkey Island' fame.

- Built-in Level Editor - showcase your creative side! Make crazy-fun levels and share them with others.

- Rocket boosters, flying animals, backflips, loops, roadkill, moose, TNT, and more!

- Game Center leaderboards and achievements - race for the fastest time!

- Dynamic medal system rewards multiple gameplay styles. Try to save every passenger or go for the Speed Run and ditch the passengers!

Read about the story behind the game at Snuggletruck.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPhone Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=92431
04-28-2011, 07:08 AM
I have been watching this game's progress for months and was extremely disappointed to learn that it has been censored upon release. Had my hand on the buy button; glad I checked reviews before pulling the trigger. Shame on you for allowing the politically correct mafia to influence you, be it Apple or not.

04-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Please, it's business in the end, and totally understandable to switch it out instead of getting sour about it.

Been watching your progress videos all day. You did a really nice job at using the Unity Engine there !
And well, having such a superbe artist onboard, didn't hurt, either, I guess. Wonderful use of colors on your levels palette !

15 Coins - @Toucharcade

My humble Portfolio: www.acumen-design.de/blog
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/fabi_smith
04-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prejur80 View Post
I have been watching this game's progress for months and was extremely disappointed to learn that it has been censored upon release. Had my hand on the buy button; glad I checked reviews before pulling the trigger. Shame on you for allowing the politically correct mafia to influence you, be it Apple or not.
They submitted the original version and it got rejected What else were they suppose to do? At least they still gave us something. If you still want the original version then you can buy it for PC/MAC for $5. It comes with the original and new version.

Anyways, I bought it. I love it. It's extremely fun!

I review apps on my YouTube channel! If you would like me to review your app then message me! CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF GAMES I'VE BETA TESTED
05-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP9TV1 View Post
They submitted the original version and it got rejected What else were they suppose to do? At least they still gave us something. If you still want the original version then you can buy it for PC/MAC for $5. It comes with the original and new version.

Anyways, I bought it. I love it. It's extremely fun!

So I bought the game and I've got to eat massive amounts of crow...totally awesome. Plan on picking up PC version as well. Fantastic iPad game, smooth graphics, good use of tilting, good sound, and all around excellent game. Have given my 5 * review on iTunes as well.

I understand you gotta do what you gotta do, I guess it was early in the morning and I didn't have enough sleep when I saw your game on Appshopper. I was initially disappointed but the game is awesome. Period.
06-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Any word on when the level editor for the iPad will be released?
08-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Just picked this one up on sale for $1.99 US for my iPad 2. After half an hour of play I am very impressed. The controls are easy and work great and using the tilt to get the truck angled properly works nicely (even though I usually hate games with tilt for the iPad) making it a joy to play. The early levels are pretty easy, but still quite fun. This is an extremely polished app and deserves a serious look.

The only nit I can pick is that when I flip my iPad to the other landscape orientation, the game does not flip with it. Still, at this early stage this is an easy 5 stars.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
08-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime
Any word on when the level editor for the iPad will be released?
Level editor just came out today for iPhone and iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7
This is an extremely polished app and deserves a serious look.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7
when I flip my iPad to the other landscape orientation, the game does not flip with it
We should be able to add that in with our next update. Thanks for the suggestion.

Owlchemy Labs: Creating absurd and highly polished downloadable games.

Jack Lumber: Out now! TA Forum thread
Snuggle Truck: Out now! TA Forum thread
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! (F=ma): Out now! TA Forum thread
Super Ramen Brothers:: TA Forum thread
08-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Really trying not to spend money, why do you make it so hard? Anyway, looks like I'm $1.99 shorter, thanks for the sale.
08-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Had the iPhone version which I really enjoyed. Got the HD version now. Thanks for the sale!

I'm not very good when it comes to making levels but it should be fun playing other peoples'.