★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Hard Rock Racing is coming....

04-28-2011, 07:38 AM
Hard Rock Racing is coming....

Hey all,

please find here a first teaser video for our upcoming Hard Rock Racing - a single- and multiplayer combat action racing game coming soon to the Mac App Store.

http://vimeo.com/22988354

I'm still trying to find out how to make stutter free recordings with iShowU Pro HD, so excuse if there's a few stutters in that video, the game runs quite smooth.

Hard Rock Racing features a huge virtual city, 40+ circuit and sprint tracks, freedriving mode for exploring the city, homing missiles to attach the cars in front of you, mines to defeat chasing cars, insane explosions and physics, 3 multiplayer modes including Foxhound, any screen resolution your Mac supports (windowed and fullscreen), keyboard controls and joystick/joypad support and last but not least, the game has lots of damn awesome hard rock music included. How does that sound?

I'm looking for a few beta testers that test the full game in single- and multiplayer modes. Please reply here or post PM if you're interested.

Regards
Martin
04-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Once the game is out for the Mac I will do a test if the game would be fast enough running on an iPad 2. No chance for anything below an iPad 2, the game is too graphics heavy as far as I can judge it right now.

Regarding the beta test: Thanks, will poke you in the next few days and send you the beta of the game! If you want, you can already register on the forum of Hard Rock Racing on http://hardrockracing.tv/forum - there's a beta sub section where stuff will be posted to.

05-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Regarding upgrades: Yeah, I'm thinking about that adding those after the initial release. Esp. weapon upgrades. For the car my current plan is to offer at least a paint shop as well as custom tires/rims. Also I consider more multiplayer modes, like a pure deathmatch mode (which could be fun). I see Hard Rock Racing not a one shot, release and forget, but more of a continuous development with new features (and new tracks of course). Let's see how the players like the game!

Until then, a few more impressions from the latest graphics upgrade in the game: Deferred rendering and soft particles. That combination makes ultra smooth explosions. Love it! :-)

05-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Hard Rock Racing has gone gold and is submitted to the Mac App Store. Awaiting release within the next 10 days.
05-16-2011, 12:12 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Looks great! can't wait!
05-30-2011, 03:48 AM
Still waiting for approval... Phew...
06-01-2011, 08:54 AM
While still waiting for approval I started porting HRR to the iPad 2 - and it works quite proper meanwhile. The game runs smoothly at 30 fps and I'm going to start optimizing now and get the input controls done for the iPad. The game will support Fling / Analog joysticks by default.

What's your most liked input control for racing games on the iPad?
06-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morti View Post
While still waiting for approval I started porting HRR to the iPad 2 - and it works quite proper meanwhile. The game runs smoothly at 30 fps and I'm going to start optimizing now and get the input controls done for the iPad. The game will support Fling / Analog joysticks by default.

What's your most liked input control for racing games on the iPad?
Hey!
Will we see this game on the iPhone and iPod touch as well?
06-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Most probably not, just too less horse power on these devices. I'll surely do a test on the iPhone 4, but I have higher hopes that it will work on the 4S device.
06-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Release date planned?