★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Is anyone actually getting the white iPhone 4?

04-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Is anyone actually getting the white iPhone 4?

I considered it when the iPhone 4 was launching but went with black by defualt. One of our guys wrote up a funny blog entry on waiting for the white and why white is a lousy color: iWant White
04-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Send a message via AIM to DrummerB Send a message via MSN to DrummerB
I'm still using a 3GS, but I think I'll wait for the 5. generation.

Developer of Practice Pro for musicians.

04-28-2011, 08:40 PM
I didn't like white at all, at first. Back in the day, I got a whitebacked iPhone 3G because it was the only one left. Surprisingly, it grew on me. It did look good and everyone else had boring black.

Having said that, I can't get used to the idea of white all around the screen. A dark border is optically optimal. Apple understands this.

This is a confusing bit of ęsthetic back-pedalling. I hope the iPhone 5orwhatever has a whiteback/blackfront ☯ of perfectness.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
04-28-2011, 09:13 PM
meh... Even though I got the black iPhone 4 on day one, i still am not a fan of the white one. I opted for the black iPad 2 as well.
04-29-2011, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchukwura View Post
meh... Even though I got the black iPhone 4 on day one, i still am not a fan of the white one. I opted for the black iPad 2 as well.
I am very disappointed they have not made a luminous blue and white one
04-29-2011, 03:36 AM
If it wasn't so expensive off contract, maybe

Would've used my 2 year upgrade for it had this happened like a week ago.
04-30-2011, 01:49 AM
White iPhone

I thought that the white looked particularly good with the colorful bumper cases, but I agree that a black border is less distracting and preferable (In other words, I'll stick with the black version for myself). I can see the appeal of the white model though, especially for people who want an iPhone but still want some way to stand out from the crowd. On that note, it could be interesting to show screenshots of your game framed in the white iPhone if only to be different.

Spider-Man Unlimited addict, one time iOS game developer at Falcon Empire.
04-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafalcon View Post
On that note, it could be interesting to show screenshots of your game framed in the white iPhone if only to be different.
Hah, I've seen people do that without the white iPhone 4 existing yet