★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: FEATURED! - "Undiscovered Games"
FEATURED! - "The Best Games You've Never Played"

"Stitches is a refreshing change from other games in the App Store and I dont believe there is much out there like it."
- AppAdvice.com

"Stitches is sure to be a hit with fans and nostalgic board game-lovers."
- 148Apps.com

"Stitches is a fun portrayal of the classic Operation board game that sends you into the operating room to save a life. The patients life is in your hands, so keep it steady and work against the clock."
- AppsJam.com

FEATURES:
- 18 Organs to Remove
- 4 Different Gameplay Modes
- HD Graphics for iPad & iPad2
- Over 25 Achievements
- Gamecenter Rankings

STITCHES pits you against the clock in a game of nostalgia and skill. Get ready to scrub in and take part in some of the most comical surgery ever performed. Pinch and push a variety of humorous organs in an attempt to extract them from your patient and restore him to good health. His life is in your hands...make that fingers!

Later, as your skills increase, prepare to push yourself to the limit by performing surgery under some of the worst conditions imaginable, both environmental and self-inflicted.

Post your high scores to the global leaderboard and try to become the fastest surgeon in the world! Change the difficulty to achieve the highest score possible! Difficulty can be changed in main options menu.

STITCHES incorporates a new take on an old classic.

Take a break from the birds - seize the scalpel!

AppStudios's comments:
HURRAY!

We just launched our App, and we couldn't be more excited!!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stitches/id428767547?mt=8

There is a link for it, and below is the trailer we launched last week.

We appreciate any feedback, and we are standing by for support.

Alan
Artist for Stitches
04-29-2011, 06:08 AM
This looks like a nice version of my fave childhood game Operation. Wonder how well it controls on the iPhone as opposed to an iPad?

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby

04-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhagoCychotic View Post
This looks like a nice version of my fave childhood game Operation. Wonder how well it controls on the iPhone as opposed to an iPad?
PhagoCychotic,

We developed the game for primary use on the iPhone and iPod. That being said, the controls are very intuitive, and the screen will automatically adjust zooming in and out as you play.

Personally, I have not yet played it on an iPad, but I would love to when I get the chance!
04-29-2011, 10:40 AM
This looks like a fun game. It would be even better for the iPad, though, because you'd have more space to see what you're doing; my fingers always seem to get in the way of seeing clearly when I play on the smaller iPod screen.

Are there any plans for an iPad, or a universal version ? If there are, I'll definitely wait for that. Otherwise, if there will only be an iPhone version, I'll pick this up because it looks like a lot of fun !

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
04-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quebecotr View Post
This looks like a fun game. It would be even better for the iPad, though, because you'd have more space to see what you're doing; my fingers always seem to get in the way of seeing clearly when I play on the smaller iPod screen.

Are there any plans for an iPad, or a universal version ? If there are, I'll definitely wait for that. Otherwise, if there will only be an iPhone version, I'll pick this up because it looks like a lot of fun !
@quebecotr -

I talked to our programmar last night about releasing for the iPad. I'm not familiar with all of the technical details that go into getting the game ready for it, but it seems like it could be a possibility.

of course, we would need to get approval before we proceed with developing for the ipad, but I will probably be able to let you know by next week if it's something we would be able to do!

one thing we realized though is that if you were to play on the ipad at the current zoom settings within the game, you would end up needing to use two hands to remove the organs, rather than just using one hand on an iphone.

Last edited by AppStudios; 04-30-2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: typos
05-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Stitches featured by apple!

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Apple has featured us on the "New & Noteworthy" frontpage! We are so excited about this new development, and thankful for the opportunity to be featured.

We also wanted to thank the Touch Arcade community for their interest in our game since we posted the trailer 2 weeks ago, and the game last week. We know that a lot of our traffic has come from this website, and we appreciate that.

Thanks again!
Alan
05-06-2011, 04:31 AM
I bought this and very much enjoyed the gameplay. Graphics are great and touch responsiveness is well implemented. It does play perfectly fine on the iPhone. I wish there was a GC button for full leaderboard access and achievement integration. As of now, global scores only show the top three and your local.

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
05-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Got it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppStudios View Post
@quebecotr -

I talked to our programmar last night about releasing for the iPad. I'm not familiar with all of the technical details that go into getting the game ready for it, but it seems like it could be a possibility.

of course, we would need to get approval before we proceed with developing for the ipad, but I will probably be able to let you know by next week if it's something we would be able to do!

one thing we realized though is that if you were to play on the ipad at the current zoom settings within the game, you would end up needing to use two hands to remove the organs, rather than just using one hand on an iphone.
Makes sense, I guess, when I look at the screen shots... If you were to keep them at that level of zoom, the objects would definitely be too big to take out with only one hand.

You might be able to back out of the zoom, but it might make the game too difficult. Of course, the board game Operation wasn't that easy to begin with, was it.

The game play seems really fun - I'm really tempted to get this. While I have an iPod Touch, I find I'm using my iPad for 95% of what I do now, especially gaming. I guess I could be the guinea pig that tries out the game to see how it really does play on the iPad.

I'll grab this tomorrow, I think. It's late now and I've got to get to bed after quite a long day.

Thanks for responding so fast - it's the magic of TA I guess !

05-07-2011, 01:03 AM

05-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Great news on the update, Creepshow ! I can't wait for the full iPad support. The rest of the improvements sound great, too. I'm getting this today, and I'm looking forward to my first patient.

Good luck with the game, AppStudios !

Last edited by quebecotr; 05-07-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Additional content.