★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: !!! Can iPad be a musical instrument? Yes !!!

04-29-2011, 07:08 AM
!!! Can iPad be a musical instrument? Yes !!!

Hi TouchArcadians,

We strongly believe that the iPad can be a musical instrument once you download Zepi HD(music). Make sure yourself by playing Zepi HD 1.1!Promo codes

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zepi-hd/id426159428?mt=8&ls=1

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zepi-hd/id426159428?mt=8&ls=1
Promo Codes

Unleash yourself with Zepi:Classic HD and KissIsland by OstinGames

Follow us on Twitter
04-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks very much for sending me a promo code (and sorry it took me so long to get round to writing a review).

I don't really understand Zepi HD. Is it a game? If so I didn't enjoy it: I couldn't see the strategy, you just tap balls of the same colour, perhaps waiting a bit at times. The "music" was not very exciting; there's only so many times you have hear the start of Fur Elise without getting bored.

Am I missing something? I have looked online for reviews of the game in case people are oozing over something I have missed, but I can't find any. I found a video review of Zepi (not Zepi HD) but the guy seemed to be doing the same as me - popping ball after ball after ball. He gave it 4*, but I would only give it 2*. I won't leave a review on iTunes - and I will change this review if someone can explain to me that I have missed the point of the game.

05-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I have had a play of Zepi HD and I think there is a lot of potential but as it currently stands the single game mechanic, steep difficulty setting make this feel frustrating.

The game has three unique skins.. Bugs, Cold and Classic which changes the look of the game but does not add any difference to how you play the game.

As the game description says, the aim is to make the longest chain possible by tapping on the same colour in a row.
Objects fall from the outer edges of the screen into the middle circle and you have a short period of time to make a chain.
When the game begins only one or two of the same colour will fall into the screen which limits the length of your combos, so the temptation would be almost to wait for more of the same colour to appear, but the downside to doing that is the screen will rapidly fill and you can quickly feel overwhelmed.

Until you are chaining together 10 plus of the same colour this is the point when you can hear the music, but until that point the music is hard to define and repetitive.

I almost feel like I am not playing the game properly and looking through the game centre achievements and the requirements, these look unachievable.

I would dearly love the developer to punch up a video showing how it is done.

Presentation is great but the game (as I understand it at the moment) feels frustrating...

Perhaps while you are making a chain everything could pause until the chain is broken... this would offer a little bit of breathing space before the screen become completely full.

I will hold off punching up a iTunes review until I very clear that I am not doing something wrong.

Now Playing: This War of Mine | Motorsport Manager | Hearthstone
05-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Zepi HD hands-on video is coming soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by towelll View Post
Thanks very much for sending me a promo code (and sorry it took me so long to get round to writing a review).

I don't really understand Zepi HD. Is it a game? If so I didn't enjoy it: I couldn't see the strategy, you just tap balls of the same colour, perhaps waiting a bit at times. The "music" was not very exciting; there's only so many times you have hear the start of Fur Elise without getting bored.

Am I missing something? I have looked online for reviews of the game in case people are oozing over something I have missed, but I can't find any. I found a video review of Zepi (not Zepi HD) but the guy seemed to be doing the same as me - popping ball after ball after ball. He gave it 4*, but I would only give it 2*. I won't leave a review on iTunes - and I will change this review if someone can explain to me that I have missed the point of the game.
Hi towelll,

Thank you for your honest feedback.

We admit that though being called a puzzle game, Zepi HD isn't so simple. We agree that to get the essence of the game, one should practice for a while and read the whole of How To. Once you feel the cool thing about the game, you are sure to get great pleasure by playing Zepi HD as well as grabbing various achievements.

For iPad gamers to make the most of the game, we are producing a hands-on demo. As soon as it is finished, we are sure to send you a link and post is at forum.

Follow us on Twitter

Last edited by OstinGames; 05-03-2011 at 08:30 AM.
05-16-2011, 05:29 AM
Hello,
I have tested the game on my ipad , and it is difficult and, most important: very funny.
You have to try to make the longest combos touching pieces of the same colour to eliminate the most of them you can. You cannot let pass much time between touching pieces as the combo disappears a few seconds after you touch the last piece or when you touch again a previously selected piece.

The game ends when the screen is filled with pieces and as the game progress more and more pices came up faster into the screen and you have to do more and longer combos to keep up with them.
Also, when you select more than 10 or 15 pieces (I'm not sure), when they dissapear, they make funny sound and grapihics effects and "destroy" some of the other pieces in play, making more room for the new pieces.

It is a perfect game to play for a few minutes as the games are short (unless you are very good at it).

Also, I agree with P0tenT1al in that a video or some tutorial explaining a little more about the mechanics of the game will be nice. For example the rewards for making combos of more than 10 pieces that I found by luck.

Overall is a very funny game and you must buy it if you don't get frustrated for losing a game in a few minutes and you try to last longer...
05-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Send a message via MSN to synagence
Kinda have to agree with the other opinions .... its hard to understand whether the focus is on music really .... ultimately seems to be a rapid tapping game/puzzle but alas it feels all to shallow at present.

The tunes themselves are seemingly only about 10 notes long before they repeat themselves making long chains musically not massively appealing

When the game gets more frantic its just it ... a frantic race to tap bubbles of colour without any deep strategy other than maybe waiting and clearing out other colours to favour one longer chain

If the music was longer and maybe a deeper emphasis on timing to make the melody play properly (the timeout on chains sometimes makes that impossible) it might be more fun

I think with some tweaking of gameplay it could result in a more fun puzzler .... its bright and sharp graphics while simple are functional .... there are some grammar errors in the how to also

Feel free to add me.
GameCenter: Highlightshadow
06-02-2011, 12:28 PM
YouTube video of Zepi Music!

Hi all,

Here is video tutorial for Zepi Music HD

An iPhone version has been released today!

Follow us on Twitter