★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Jezster FREE For A Limited Time

04-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Jezster FREE For A Limited Time

App Shopper Link

iTunes Link

Description:
Quote:
He's Mean! He's Green! And well, he's just a ball with a Hat!

Jezster and his evil hench-balls have taken over Shiny Happy World. It is up to you, brave player, to take back this lovely cushy place.

You've saved Rolando and danced in Dizzy Bee 's world, now save this weird make believe land from some naughty folks.

Beta testers from the age of 4 to 60 have enjoyed the challenging but simple game play. A great game for all ages.

Features
-------
* 30 Levels of ball trapping gameplay
* 6 Boss Levels with special abilities
* Good and Bad Power Ups and Obstacles Galore
* High Score System
* Achievements
* 3 Difficulty Settings
* 2 Control Modes
* Classic Jezzball Mode

--------------------

Fans of Xonix, BurnBall, Qix, Bix , ZoneOut, Dr. Awesome, jezzball, Firetail, Virus, Just Fillin, Tetris, and Expando will also enjoy the crazy antics of Jezster.

Looks like a good version of JezzBall, that's now free.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
04-10-2009, 04:18 PM
looks interesting I will give it a shot +1 chance of winning the Gift card from the billionth app contest thing :P

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.

04-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Give Jezster a try. If you've played Burnball and enjoy it, you'll find Jezster just as enjoyable even more so. There are plenty of levels.
04-10-2009, 05:40 PM
When the dev first introduced this game, I was put off my the far-from-fluid animations. The balls move in a choppy manner and the game just seems to have a lag to it. I mentioned this to him and he claimed that it's perfectly fluid and that maybe it was the quality of the video, either way, I didn't buy it.

But now that it's free and I can see for myself, I do see that it wasn't the quality of the video, and that the animation is in fact choppy and not as smooth as it should be for a game that requires accuracy.
I'm sure glad I didn't buy it after the dev fibbed and said the gameplay was smooth.
04-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Yes, on some devices usually Jailbroken iPhone 3G devices it can show some small lag though most people it doesnt bother at all and it rarely if ever affects the actual precision of gameplay. And that was improved upon a lot from the version that the videos were filmed with(which was never released).

On an iPod Touch there is no real lag to speak of at all..

But while we offer it free for a limited time, others can decide themselves...

Thanks!

>>>>>> All-In Poker Rocks!<<<<<<
Visit Birdsoft for great iOS apps and games. Follow our Twitter.
04-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsoft View Post
Yes, on some devices usually Jailbroken iPhone 3G devices it can show some small lag though most people it doesnt bother at all and it rarely if ever affects the actual precision of gameplay. And that was improved upon a lot from the version that the videos were filmed with(which was never released).

On an iPod Touch there is no real lag to speak of at all..

But while we offer it free for a limited time, others can decide themselves...

Thanks!
I use an iPod Touch 16gb. To me, this game has the cell-phone appeal. By that I mean, look back to older cell phone games. They have a certain choppiness to them that was done probably in order to reduce memory size of the app (I really don't know). A good example of these types of games are ones from Digital Chocolate. They were great devs on the cell phone platform, but since they've migrated to the iPhone, their games still seem like older BREW or JAVA games. With low frame animations and everything.

Which brings me back to this game, the animations are far from smooth. The FPS looks as though it is 10-13. This is greatly affecting my precision when playing the game. I'm not trying to bash your game or anything, but I do feel as though it's a generation behind.
04-13-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm running Jezster off my iPod Touch. The animation and gameplay are smooth, no lag at all. It's not that there are a lot of heavy graphics either so I'm not sure where the lag is. It's one of my favorite time killer games. I prefer classic Jezzball which is also included...no obstacles to worry about.
04-13-2009, 03:55 PM
The problem with it as has been pointed out, is that it was written against what is "supposed to" be a platform where the performance will stay as good if not better than the simulator and an average device. So it was written against the lowest 2nd gen iPod Touch and the emulator, but it turns out iPhone 3Gs actually dont perform nearly as well. And so until I come up with some more optimizations or re-write major portions of the program it will give this feel 'if' your iPhone or Touch bumps memory issues....

On my iPod Touch and the emulator it is silky smooth 95% of the time...

>>>>>> All-In Poker Rocks!<<<<<<
Visit Birdsoft for great iOS apps and games. Follow our Twitter.

Last edited by Birdsoft; 04-13-2009 at 03:57 PM.