Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-30-2011, 11:07 AM

FYI, combos is the key to get high bonus score.
The formula is
combos bonus score=combos*combos
Old 04-30-2011, 11:20 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I think I am okay with the swipe up/down controls, but the helicopter is constantly getting under my finger as I play which leads to me getting hit without realizing it and really confuses the action on the screen. And tilt controls...thanks but no thanks for a shmup, especially one this hard. Speaking of which, I am nothing special when it comes to gaming ability, but I tend to be about average at these types of games and this one feels way too hard for playing on easy. I'm getting frustrated quickly with it, which is a shame because I think there is a good game here but I'd like to have an actual easy "easy" mode to cut my teeth on. Maybe consider rebalancing the difficulty if the majority of people feel the same way and making the other difficulty levels available from the start for those who really want a hardcore challenge right away.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
I think I am okay with the swipe up/down controls, but the helicopter is constantly getting under my finger as I play which leads to me getting hit without realizing it and really confuses the action on the screen. And tilt controls...thanks but no thanks for a shmup, especially one this hard. Speaking of which, I am nothing special when it comes to gaming ability, but I tend to be about average at these types of games and this one feels way too hard for playing on easy. I'm getting frustrated quickly with it, which is a shame because I think there is a good game here but I'd like to have an actual easy "easy" mode to cut my teeth on. Maybe consider rebalancing the difficulty if the majority of people feel the same way and making the other difficulty levels available from the start for those who really want a hardcore challenge right away.
Hi, the touch control is relative like most other shooters, if the chopper under your finger, you can touch another position to move.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:25 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2matrix View Post
Hi, the touch control is relative like most other shooters, if the chopper under your finger, you can touch another position to move.
Yeah, I know, but it's a lot more sensitive than 1:1 relative touch controls. The result is that if you're moving backwards or strafing to the sides your helicopter can get lost under your finger and with such hectic action onscreen sometimes you don't have time to reposition your finger without getting hit. Perhaps a control sensitivity option is something you can consider for a future update.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Yeah, I know, but it's a lot more sensitive than 1:1 relative touch controls. The result is that if you're moving backwards or strafing to the sides your helicopter can get lost under your finger and with such hectic action onscreen sometimes you don't have time to reposition your finger without getting hit. Perhaps a control sensitivity option is something you can consider for a future update.
OK, I Know, and we will added a very easy difficulty on next update.

The relative touch control we are designed more sensitive than other shooters, because after some tests, we all think a more sensitive relative touch control (>1) is suitable for this game, because you need not move a long distance to control the chopper which will make your finger busy especially on iPad.

Anyway an option to set the relative touch sensitive is a good advice, we will consider added it on future update.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak47killa View Post
Wow! This looks great. I might have to pick this one up. Price is nice 2
Picked it up. Its really hard. Looked alot easier in the video. Do you have to pick up all your guys?
Thanks. The video is a gameplay on ipad 1G, easy mode.
The keys to grasp the game is rescue the little guys and fire the powerful laser wisely.

I added some tips on the app store's description.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:29 AM

ver 1.1.0 will be submitted to apple soon.

#add a new "NOVICE" difficulty mode.
#add 2 virtual-key button configs, you can choose from "virtual key(left)", "virtual key(right)" and "swipe".

Last edited by c2matrix; 05-02-2011 at 09:31 AM..
Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2matrix View Post
ver 1.1.0 will be submitted to apple soon.

#add a new "NOVICE" difficulty mode.
#add 2 virtual-key button configs, you can choose from "virtual key(left)", "virtual key(right)" and "swipe".
Cool, looking forward to the buttons in the update.

On a side note, any chance of FireHawk coming to the app store?
Old 05-02-2011, 10:53 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Mini review.

Graphics look great in iph4 with retina graphics, not as good on ipad.
Very difficult, so far control scheme good though not used to swipes for picking up people.

Very nice shmup, 4.5/5.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Cool, looking forward to the buttons in the update.

On a side note, any chance of FireHawk coming to the app store?
In fact the porting of FireHawk is nearly finished. We hold the work for developing iStriker(which take us almost 16 months, include the time for developing the new 3D engine).

Anyway, FireHawk will coming out in a future date. And we planed to develop a series of 3D HD shooters (HotField2, FireHawk2, etc).

Your support is our motivation