Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-30-2011, 11:07 AM
c2matrix's Avatar
c2matrix c2matrix is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 234
Default

FYI, combos is the key to get high bonus score.
The formula is
combos bonus score=combos*combos
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-30-2011, 11:20 AM
medianotzu medianotzu is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,817
Default

I think I am okay with the swipe up/down controls, but the helicopter is constantly getting under my finger as I play which leads to me getting hit without realizing it and really confuses the action on the screen. And tilt controls...thanks but no thanks for a shmup, especially one this hard. Speaking of which, I am nothing special when it comes to gaming ability, but I tend to be about average at these types of games and this one feels way too hard for playing on easy. I'm getting frustrated quickly with it, which is a shame because I think there is a good game here but I'd like to have an actual easy "easy" mode to cut my teeth on. Maybe consider rebalancing the difficulty if the majority of people feel the same way and making the other difficulty levels available from the start for those who really want a hardcore challenge right away.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-30-2011, 10:11 PM
c2matrix's Avatar
c2matrix c2matrix is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
I think I am okay with the swipe up/down controls, but the helicopter is constantly getting under my finger as I play which leads to me getting hit without realizing it and really confuses the action on the screen. And tilt controls...thanks but no thanks for a shmup, especially one this hard. Speaking of which, I am nothing special when it comes to gaming ability, but I tend to be about average at these types of games and this one feels way too hard for playing on easy. I'm getting frustrated quickly with it, which is a shame because I think there is a good game here but I'd like to have an actual easy "easy" mode to cut my teeth on. Maybe consider rebalancing the difficulty if the majority of people feel the same way and making the other difficulty levels available from the start for those who really want a hardcore challenge right away.
Hi, the touch control is relative like most other shooters, if the chopper under your finger, you can touch another position to move.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-01-2011, 07:25 AM
medianotzu medianotzu is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2matrix View Post
Hi, the touch control is relative like most other shooters, if the chopper under your finger, you can touch another position to move.
Yeah, I know, but it's a lot more sensitive than 1:1 relative touch controls. The result is that if you're moving backwards or strafing to the sides your helicopter can get lost under your finger and with such hectic action onscreen sometimes you don't have time to reposition your finger without getting hit. Perhaps a control sensitivity option is something you can consider for a future update.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-01-2011, 10:12 AM
c2matrix's Avatar
c2matrix c2matrix is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Yeah, I know, but it's a lot more sensitive than 1:1 relative touch controls. The result is that if you're moving backwards or strafing to the sides your helicopter can get lost under your finger and with such hectic action onscreen sometimes you don't have time to reposition your finger without getting hit. Perhaps a control sensitivity option is something you can consider for a future update.
OK, I Know, and we will added a very easy difficulty on next update.

The relative touch control we are designed more sensitive than other shooters, because after some tests, we all think a more sensitive relative touch control (>1) is suitable for this game, because you need not move a long distance to control the chopper which will make your finger busy especially on iPad.

Anyway an option to set the relative touch sensitive is a good advice, we will consider added it on future update.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-01-2011, 02:41 PM
c2matrix's Avatar
c2matrix c2matrix is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak47killa View Post
Wow! This looks great. I might have to pick this one up. Price is nice 2
Picked it up. Its really hard. Looked alot easier in the video. Do you have to pick up all your guys?
Thanks. The video is a gameplay on ipad 1G, easy mode.
The keys to grasp the game is rescue the little guys and fire the powerful laser wisely.

I added some tips on the app store's description.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-02-2011, 09:29 AM
c2matrix's Avatar
c2matrix c2matrix is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 234
Default

ver 1.1.0 will be submitted to apple soon.

#add a new "NOVICE" difficulty mode.
#add 2 virtual-key button configs, you can choose from "virtual key(left)", "virtual key(right)" and "swipe".

Last edited by c2matrix; 05-02-2011 at 09:31 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 AM
strivemind strivemind is online now
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2matrix View Post
ver 1.1.0 will be submitted to apple soon.

#add a new "NOVICE" difficulty mode.
#add 2 virtual-key button configs, you can choose from "virtual key(left)", "virtual key(right)" and "swipe".
Cool, looking forward to the buttons in the update.

On a side note, any chance of FireHawk coming to the app store?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-02-2011, 10:53 AM
RCranium666 RCranium666 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 456
Default Game Impressions

Mini review.

Graphics look great in iph4 with retina graphics, not as good on ipad.
Very difficult, so far control scheme good though not used to swipes for picking up people.

Very nice shmup, 4.5/5.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-02-2011, 01:20 PM
c2matrix's Avatar
c2matrix c2matrix is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Cool, looking forward to the buttons in the update.

On a side note, any chance of FireHawk coming to the app store?
In fact the porting of FireHawk is nearly finished. We hold the work for developing iStriker(which take us almost 16 months, include the time for developing the new 3D engine).

Anyway, FireHawk will coming out in a future date. And we planed to develop a series of 3D HD shooters (HotField2, FireHawk2, etc).

Your support is our motivation
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent