★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Can't use KickStarters; any ideas?

04-30-2011, 12:10 AM
#1
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 77
Can't use KickStarters; any ideas?

Following BravadoWaffle's post about crowd-sourcing, I decided to take a look at KickStarter. However, it seems you can only start a campaign if you're residing in the US, and I'm not.

I heard of IndieGoGo on that same post; Any other good places for such campaigns that catch the eye of iOS developers and users?

Thanks!
04-30-2011, 02:00 AM
#2
Don't forget about www.8bitfunding.com! It's new, but you've got a niche audience there of people looking to fund games, so that could work in your favor!
04-30-2011, 01:26 PM
#3
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravadoWaffle View Post
Don't forget about www.8bitfunding.com! It's new, but you've got a niche audience there of people looking to fund games, so that could work in your favor!
Looks cool, thanks! And you're right, it might play in my favor. What do you think, then? Go for IGG or 8bit? Both?
04-30-2011, 01:30 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviadbd View Post
Looks cool, thanks! And you're right, it might play in my favor. What do you think, then? Go for IGG or 8bit? Both?
I'd say pick one or the other, then you look a little shady trying to make money off both at once. If once doesn't work, do the other.
04-30-2011, 02:01 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure Industries View Post
I'd say pick one or the other, then you look a little shady trying to make money off both at once. If once doesn't work, do the other.
Agreed. IGG has a bigger audience I think, I'd do 8bitfunding as a last resort.

edit- also I think IGG lets you keep anything you raise, even if you don't reach your goal I think. So that bit is cool.
05-02-2011, 03:04 PM
#6
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure Industries View Post
I'd say pick one or the other, then you look a little shady trying to make money off both at once. If once doesn't work, do the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravadoWaffle View Post
Agreed. IGG has a bigger audience I think, I'd do 8bitfunding as a last resort.

edit- also I think IGG lets you keep anything you raise, even if you don't reach your goal I think. So that bit is cool.
Thank you both!