★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bitfield GmbH
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 18.7 MB
  • Version: 2.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: BLOCKADO - Jungle: Your first step to become a puzzle mastermind

The puzzle game for casual and advanced players, but beware: highly addictive!
Easy to learn, but hard to master.

The goal: move the treasure chest to the exit field
The rule: blocks can only be moved lengthwise

REVIEWS:

brutalgamer.com 8.5/10

thesixthaxis.com 8.0/10

mobilexp.com 8.0/10

your feedback is welcome! contact us via blockado@bitfield.de or facebook.com/blockadogame

FEATURES:

Begin your travels into the world of BLOCKADO and search for treasures in remote jungle regions of the world.

solve 80 unique mind boggling puzzles

tricky new block types that extend the well known game concept

find historical treasures and learn about their exceptional background stories

unlock all 22 achievements to become a true BLOCKADO-Jungle-Master

supports GameCenter and OpenFeint

beautiful 3D puzzles, camera view can be rotated freely

Languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian

PUZZLE SCANNER:

use the iPhone camera to load additional free levels into the game

build your own levels using the Blockado editor available on http://bitfield.de/blockado/puzzlecodes

DIFFICULTY:

for Beginners and advanced puzzle players

the built in puzzle solver will help you overcome even the hardest of puzzles

undo or redo any of your moves

Are you clever enough to challenge BLOCKADO-Jungle?

The game requires iPhone/iPod 3GS or higher.
04-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Wasn't there already a game about moving obstacles and such to get treasure chests out of a level or something? I know there were spring-loaded blocks and such, just like this, and it was an isometric 3D view. This is either by the same developer or a complete rip.

EDIT: Found it, it was called Know How, from back in 2008. The original seems to be gone now, but there's an iPad sequel.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

Last edited by Mindfield; 04-30-2011 at 10:53 AM.

04-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the info on the original game, Mindfield. Didn't know about it at all. At least this game has some use.
04-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
Thanks for the info on the original game, Mindfield. Didn't know about it at all. At least this game has some use.
This game looks nicely designed, I'll grant, but is a blatant clone of Know How, so it kind of tweaks my "ripoff" meter.

04-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
This game looks nicely designed, I'll grant, but is a blatant clone of Know How, so it kind of tweaks my "ripoff" meter.
Yeah, I remember the other game. I wonder why it's only on iPad now
04-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure Industries View Post
Yeah, I remember the other game. I wonder why it's only on iPad now
Don't know, I did find that kind of odd, but developers have been known to pull old games after a while for whatever reason, and Know How is pretty old. Maybe it didn't work on newer devices, or maybe they just weren't planning on updating and didn't want to deal with poor "needs Retina update" reviews.

04-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Well that is kind of sad. The graphics are way too similar and the menu buttons are identical. This was the kind of game that with a little creativity the dev could have sold something with similar core mechanics and not have any controversy. Sigh

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
04-30-2011, 05:57 PM
A quick google will let you realize Blockado & Know How are published and/or developed by Bitfield GmbH

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
04-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhagoCychotic View Post
A quick google will let you realize Blockado & Know How are published and/or developed by Bitfield GmbH
Yeah I was wondering that might be the case since there was no iphone version but I did not look into it. This does look really fun and the graphics look really polished.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
04-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhagoCychotic View Post
I didn't realize that. The iPad sequel (which seems only to have a German description) is developed and/or published by SevenOne Intermedia, so it was kind of hard to determine. But that only makes it stranger that the original Know How is not on the App Store but an iPad sequel (possibly by someone else) is, and the same company that did Know How for iPhone which is no longer available on the App Store has now released an almost identical game with a different name for the iPhone.

Weird. But it does make me feel better in thinking about buying this though. I didn't want to support it if it was a rip.