★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Game Center Game Limit?

05-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Game Center Game Limit?

I dont think this has been asked yet. Although I have seen people mention the limit before I don't know if it has raised from the 80 it went to in January. Does anyone have any ideas of the limit now?

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
05-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
I dont think this has been asked yet. Although I have seen people mention the limit before I don't know if it has raised from the 80 it went to in January. Does anyone have any ideas of the limit now?
If there is a limit it must be pretty high. There are a couple people on my friend list with over 200 games.

05-01-2011, 09:30 AM
I have around 80. The thing is that once you get past a certain amount of games the ones that you have least played dont get recognized.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
05-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
I have around 80. The thing is that once you get past a certain amount of games the ones that you have least played dont get recognized.
Nope, that's not true. It's just that like a week or two ago, Apple put some kind of time limit on the games in your GameCenter since the last time you played it. The games that haven't been played within that time were deleted off your GameCenter even though they're still on your device. I went through and relaunched every single game with GameCenter. All the achievements are still there. I have about 100 games on GameCenter right now, which is about half the games on my iPod. Did it suck launching 200 games? Hell yes.

Twitter: @back2this
05-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Nope, that's not true. It's just that like a week or two ago, Apple put some kind of time limit on the games in your GameCenter since the last time you played it. The games that haven't been played within that time were deleted off your GameCenter even though they're still on your device. I went through and relaunched every single game with GameCenter. All the achievements are still there. I have about 100 games on GameCenter right now, which is about half the games on my iPod. Did it suck launching 200 games? Hell yes.
haha I don't even really care if I have a game on GC... IDK why it even matters.

im back guys!
05-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phattestfatty View Post
haha I don't even really care if I have a game on GC... IDK why it even matters.
Good question lol. I'm just OCD xD.

05-01-2011, 03:23 PM
The limit hasn't been 81 for a long time. Recently it's been 199, but even if you go over that, it'll still add to your achievement total, it just displays the most recent 199 games.

A few days ago apple changed that again. Now, like backtothis said, it's based on a time limit. It shows how many games you've played within the last X amount of days. But still counts all the achievements to your total, so it isn't removing the old games that are not being displayed.

I haven't found what the new limit is under this time limit but I've gotten it up to 235 so far:

But on the "Games" tab it will display only the most recent 201 games.

Oh, and 500 is still the limit for friends.

Twitter: @Zincous
05-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
The limit hasn't been 81 for a long time. Recently it's been 199, but even if you go over that, it'll still add to your achievement total, it just displays the most recent 199 games.

A few days ago apple changed that again. Now, like backtothis said, it's based on a time limit. It shows how many games you've played within the last X amount of days. But still counts all the achievements to your total, so it isn't removing the old games that are not being displayed.

I haven't found what the new limit is under this time limit but I've gotten it up to 235 so far:

But on the "Games" tab it will display only the most recent 201 games.

Oh, and 500 is still the limit for friends.
HOW DO YOU HAVE SOOOO MANY FRIENDS?!?! haha lol

im back guys!
05-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
It happens when you have the most achievements, lol.

05-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Lol OpenFeint is worse

Twitter: @Zincous