★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Shredder Chess now 3.99

05-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Shredder Chess now 3.99

http://itunes.apple.com/app/shredder-chess/id308032437?mt=8

Shredder, the most successful chess program ever, is now also available for the iPhone. You can play against Shredder, analyze with him and solve chess puzzles. It offers the usual Shredder standard for your pocket.

In addition to the outstanding playing strength of the 12 times computer chess world champion, Shredder is also able to mimic the play of a human chess player with any playing strength. He even deliberately makes typical human mistakes in those levels.

Solve 1000 built in chess puzzles. Shredder keeps track of your performance and offers advice if needed.

You can adjust Shredder’s playing strength from beginner to master level. If you like, Shredder automatically adjusts his strength to yours. He even calculates an Elo rating for you. This is how the playing strength of chess players is typically measured.

During the game a coach is watching your moves and warns you if you are about to make a mistake.

See how you are getting better and better the more games you play and the more chess puzzles you solve.

* Adjustable playing strength
* Intuitive and very easy to operate
* 1000 built in chess puzzles
* See your rating in a diagram
* Outstanding playing strength on the iPhone
* Analyse your games with Shredder, find your mistakes and improve your play
* Coach shows your mistakes
* Different playing styles from passive to aggressive
* Great variety: opening book with more than one million moves
* Enter and analyze any position you like
* Load and save games (incl. names, date, etc.)
* Send games via email
* Different chess boards and pieces
* Support for VoiceOver / Accessibility
* Improve your play whenever and wherever you like

Save 10 USD/EUR when buying Shredder 12 or Deep Shredder 12 (Mac, Windows or Linux). You will find your coupon code in the program info section.

Also check out our highly refined version for iPad.

Last edited by acrotran; 05-02-2011 at 04:40 PM.
05-02-2011, 06:44 PM
$7.99 -> $3.99

[/QUOTE]

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

05-02-2011, 06:54 PM
I was SERIOUSLY just looking at this yesterday. SERIOUSLY. I am trying to get my kids into chess. What. Weird. Timing. Of course this is probable not for the iPad version, which would be just my luck.
05-02-2011, 08:22 PM
tChess Pro >>> Shredder Chess IMO
05-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Dev question:

Is there any plan to support FICS in a later update to Shredder Chess?
05-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Great deal! This is certainly among the best chess apps around; many serious chess enthusiasts even say it is the best. I certainly do enjoy the chess puzzles it has, love the auto-adjusting AI (great for improving your Elo) and the engine is extremely powerful.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
05-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Great deal!
Agreed, although I'd argue that Chess Tiger, which is currently only a dollar, takes the great deal crown

Seriously, get both. These prices are just silly and the least any chess fan can do in return is support the devs. I paid several times the combined price of both apps just for Chess Tiger back in the day on the Palm and I never regretted the purchase once. I promise anyone interested in chess that they won't regret getting the latest version for a buck!
05-03-2011, 07:14 PM
I have Shredder. Awesome deal.
05-03-2011, 10:02 PM
I finally caved and bought Shredder. This app is just too good to pass up at this price.
05-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatizo View Post
Agreed, although I'd argue that Chess Tiger, which is currently only a dollar, takes the great deal crown

Seriously, get both. These prices are just silly and the least any chess fan can do in return is support the devs. I paid several times the combined price of both apps just for Chess Tiger back in the day on the Palm and I never regretted the purchase once. I promise anyone interested in chess that they won't regret getting the latest version for a buck!
Didn't even know about Tiger Chess, (or simply "CHESS" as it appears on the app store). Looks good though; I just picked it up, thanks for the suggestion.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms