★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: BUILD A MARVELOUS EMPIRE IN THE LAND OF PYRAMIDS!
Enter the land of Pharaohs and Pyramids and begin your journey to become ancient Egypt's greatest architect! This is the land where time stood still. Construct monuments, temples, bazaars and pyramids to build a marvelous empire and become a part of Egypts vibrant legacy.

GRATIFY THE PHARAOHS AND CREATE A KINGDOM OF DREAMS!
Meet a series of powerful pharaohs and fulfill the missions assigned by them. Help the ancient rulers by building architectural marvels that turn their lands into a kingdom of dreams. Buy, sell and haggle to gain more money. Train workers and earn Amulets to speed up construction and complete your missions in time.

CHASE THE MUMMIES AWAY!
Use your magic staff of Anubis to get rid of Mummies and eliminate Locust plagues that haunt your monuments. Visit the legendary Saquarrah, Giza and Abusir along the lush river Nile in the barren Sahara to build and grow this great civilization.

Get ready to experience the land of Egypt Where it all begins!

Features:
- Play through 30 challenging levels
- Meet 10 powerful Pharaohs and complete their assigned missions
- Build houses, ports, schools, temples and a variety of other buildings
- Buy, sell and haggle to earn more gold
- Unlock new building plans as you progress
- Play Imhoteps Challenge mini game for special rewards
- Activate amulet power-ups to help complete levels
- Use your magic staff to banish mummies and eliminate locust plagues
- Look out for hints when you get stuck
- Supports Game Center achievements and leaderboard

Available in French, German, Spanish and English

goiMot's comments:

PC version:
05-03-2011, 05:49 AM
this actually looks quite good, and for 1.99 worth a try

review of the non ipad version

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/empire...t-egypt/review

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"

05-03-2011, 06:01 AM
Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
so the game is actually two years old already? seeing negatives in review i find price reasonable.
05-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Er.....i have not tried it yet,but i definately accept that pc games do not turn up on the ipad because you start a program and press the convert button!

The sim city version that ea is selling is about 10 years old and costs 5 times the price.
Learn to program and then complain.

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
05-03-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm all over this.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
05-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Game looks cool........ Ill surely try this game
05-06-2011, 06:16 AM
And bought. Seems really good. Not sure if I should play In timed or relaxed mode. Not sure if it makes a difference to how many stars you unlock etc. Anyone else playing it ?
05-09-2011, 01:56 AM
Any impressions?
05-09-2011, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant666uk View Post
And bought. Seems really good. Not sure if I should play In timed or relaxed mode. Not sure if it makes a difference to how many stars you unlock etc. Anyone else playing it ?
Hi there! Stars are awarded in both the modes. As you know, the time taken to complete each mission is calculated in the form of days. In Timed Mode, you must complete each mission within 3 days or it will have to be restarted. In Relaxed Mode, you can take any number of days to complete a mission. Hope this answers your question!

Check out exciting Games for your iPhone, iPad and Mac at www.99games.in
05-10-2011, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spajdr View Post
so the game is actually two years old already?
It's probably more along the lines of: "Two years ago there wasn't a worthwhile and capable iDevice system with enough units sold to the demographic target group to justify porting/developing the game to/for it."

I haven't picked up yet, mostly because it is 2.99 and the above linked review mentions that the game is too easy. Has the iPad version been beefed up in difficulty? (Of course 2.99 is ridiculously cheap, in the larger picture, but somehow iPad/iPhone gaming makes you pretty stingy pretty fast, even if you come from the PC platform and were used to paying much more for games.)