★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: You are Krumb, a dwarven pitman with the quest for mighty artifacts. On your journey through mysterious mines, swamps and dungeons you will encounter many dangerous enemies, from the malicious cave goblins to the enormous trolls. Drink from health fountains, open treasure chests, collect a wide range of food, weapons and magical items and use them wisely - to eventually stand your ground against the perils that await you!

Initially made for the "Seven Day Roguelike Challenge" the game got a complete overhaul. Pitman will let you die a thousand deaths ... and make your survival especially satisfying!

Features:
* RPG - create the hero you want, like a dwarven sorcerer or a powerful warrior
* turnbased - for a tactical course of action
* 3D boardgame style - build the world while playing
* randombased - no game will be like the one before

IMPORTANT: The game was only tested on an iPad and on an iPod Touch G4. Users told us that it works on 3G, too.
It will not run on devices of the first or second generation. Sorry for the inconvenience!
If you have any bug reports, please don't hesitate to mail us (click on "Pitman Support" and select one of the E-Mail addresses), and tell us the circumstances of your problem.

There is also a Free version which lets you test the game before buying!

Vovin's comments:

This looks good!

Well, Medianotzu and CommanderData will surely show up soon!

I TOFFTed it, hope it is good.
05-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Whoa! This does look great! Will definitely have to try it out when I get some time this week.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms

05-03-2011, 02:20 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
As I said...
Now is just CommanderData missing.

I've played only a few minutes so far, but I like what I saw. Here are my first impressions:
Presentation & graphics are good, controls on the spot. A bit of polish is included, although it could be more, like the status bars. These are just two blocks now. On the other side - polish isn't the main virtue of rogze-likes, it is the simplicity. Most things in game are simply accomplished by tapping. The UI is nice, the game itself is appealing. This game has quite a few fresh ideas while always keeping the basic mechanics of a rogue-like in mind. It's a combination of a rogue-like and, in fact, reminds also of a board game. You move in turns, you can zoom in and out and the whole dungeon can be rotated easily by a joystick. The other joystick is used for floating over the map, everywhere you like. Clever designed. Everything else is in: hunger, long range and short range weapons, spells, enemies. I like how more and more areas are added randomly to the map. Enemies have red outlines... while this seems strange at first, it makes them much easier to spot in the dungeon. One last note about the presentation for now: turn the music of and listen to your own. At least I did.
Your stat screen and your inventory are accessible without problems and every rogue fan should feel at home in just a few minutes.
Rogue fans should give this a try. I was pleasantly surprised.

To the devs: please add Archievements and Game Center / Open Feint.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 05-03-2011 at 02:58 AM.
05-03-2011, 06:16 AM
Kind of interested -- I love Roguelikes, of course, but the graphics seem ... I dunno. Slapdash, loud, messy? Any or all of those. I'll wait for more impressions for this one.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
05-03-2011, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
As I said...
Now is just CommanderData missing.
*Enters stage left*

Someone called?

Yes, I think it's about time I pick up and check out these new guys on the block. Pitman, Legends of Yore, and even update my copy of 100 Rogues now that it appears to be safe to do so

Speaking of Roguelikes, I've been tardy on my own game post updates as you mentioned a week ago. Expect that to change very soon, lots of stuff going on prior to WWDC this year!

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
05-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Sounds good, Vovin. Will add to collection.
05-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderData View Post
*Enters stage left*

Someone called?

Yes, I think it's about time I pick up and check out these new guys on the block. Pitman, Legends of Yore, and even update my copy of 100 Rogues now that it appears to be safe to do so

Speaking of Roguelikes, I've been tardy on my own game post updates as you mentioned a week ago. Expect that to change very soon, lots of stuff going on prior to WWDC this year!
Happy Rogue Day to you, Sir!

This does look intriguing, mixing a bit of Carcassonne into a Roguelike, I want in.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderData View Post
...Promise?

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
05-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Game Impressions

While I like what I've seen so far I wish there was some sort of score at the end...just some sort of permanent reminder of how far I made it before biting it big time.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-03-2011, 08:13 AM
love me some roguelikes! buying now!

CommanderData great news! Yours look great and i have been waiting to try them out!! i haven't heard no news about them so i was getting a little worried, cause they look excellent. Good to hear that they still on the way!!