★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best I-Pad Tower Defense

05-03-2011, 04:17 AM
Best I-Pad Tower Defense

What you think is the best Tower Defense experience on I-Pad?
05-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
fieldrunners & monster trouble hd on ipad 2...soon, epic war TD.
I agree... plus, Chronicle Defenders and iBomber Defense.

05-03-2011, 05:51 AM
and depending on if you accept it as a td
plants vs zombies

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
05-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
and depending on if you accept it as a td
plants vs zombies
+1

-this text here needs to be entered so I can post my "+1" which seems to be too short for the forum admin-
05-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Still a huge fan of crystal defenders, mainly because it's next to impossible..

Gamecenter:1337brian
05-03-2011, 08:43 AM
My favorites (in this order): Tower Madness HD, Fieldrunners for iPad, Defender Chronicles HD, Plants vs. Zombies HD, iBomber Defense (Universal) and Last Front: Europe HD.

And, a couple other worth mentioning (in no particular order):Guns'n'Glory (Universal), The Lord of the Rings: Middle-earth Defense for iPad, Pro Zombie Soccer Apocalypse Edition (kinda of stretching the genre, but similar to PvZ), Space Station: Frontier HD, and ZombieSmash HD (again, kinda stretching the genre, but fun nonetheless)

You can't really go wrong with any of these games. They're all fun in their own right, but if you want the absolute best, I would start with the first 6 games I listed.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
05-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
My favorites (in this order): Tower Madness HD, Fieldrunners for iPad, Defender Chronicles HD, Plants vs. Zombies HD, iBomber Defense (Universal) and Last Front: Europe HD.

And, a couple other worth mentioning (in no particular order):Guns'n'Glory (Universal), The Lord of the Rings: Middle-earth Defense for iPad, Pro Zombie Soccer Apocalypse Edition (kinda of stretching the genre, but similar to PvZ), Space Station: Frontier HD, and ZombieSmash HD (again, kinda stretching the genre, but fun nonetheless)

You can't really go wrong with any of these games. They're all fun in their own right, but if you want the absolute best, I would start with the first 6 games I listed.
Why do you find them fun? If their difficulty was the scale of GeoDefense's, would you like them even more?
05-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohjingyu View Post
Why do you find them fun? If their difficulty was the scale of GeoDefense's, would you like them even more?
That's a hard question to answer. Everybody defines fun differently.

I've never played GeoDefense or GeoDefense Swarm, so I can't really compare the difficulties unfortunately. Also, neither of those games is available for iPad, so they don't really pertain to the question being asked by the OP.

I listed the games that I did because they do the genre justice. They are solid titles. Well reviewed. Great presentation. They are relatively bug free. And, they are each fun in different ways. Tower Madness and Fieldrunners, as well as iBomber Defense and Last Front: Europe are pure tower defense games. They are challenging. The UI works well. The graphics are great. The other titles bring something new or different, as well as stretch the standard definition of the genre.

If GeoDefense had an iPad native app, I would probably check it out, and it may make my list of top TD games. I like the look and had the iPhone versions on my wishlist, but I don't really play many games on my iPhone now that I have an iPad, so I only really snag the freebies at this point.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
05-03-2011, 10:31 AM
I am rather surprised not to see 'The Creeps' getting some kind of recognition here. Some time ago the ipad version got a new lick of paint and it is probably my most played of them all.
05-21-2011, 06:38 AM
Our Favorite

In this list we will put Monster Trouble HD.