★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: * iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 5, iPad 2, iPad Mini or later recommended

A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build is an adorable puzzle game about being a monster and making snowmen.

* Adorable graphics by Benjamin Davis (Sushi Snake).
* Featuring a gorgeous original soundtrack by Ryan Roth (The Beginner's Guide, Starseed Pilgrim, The Yawhg).
* Lovingly-crafted puzzle design from Alan Hazelden (Sokobond, These Robotic Hearts of Mine, Traal).
* No in-app-purchases or ads.

Awards:

Best Character Design - Intel Level Up 2014
Official Selection - Develop Indie Showcase 2014
Official Selection - Screenshake 2015
Official Selection - BAFTA Inside Games Arcade 2015
Official Selection - Different Games Arcade 2015
Official Selection - Fantastic Arcade 2015

Sash-O's comments:
No thread yet? It's already out!

https://appsto.re/de/ED1c-.i

Please insert Appinfo.

12-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Loved this game so much. I made a short little gameplay video and also a walkthrough if anyone's playing and needs help.

http://www.appunwrapper.com/2015/12/...through-guide/

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 12-09-2015 at 10:44 PM.

12-09-2015, 10:32 PM
I beta tested this game and really enjoyed it. Smart puzzles and cute aesthetics.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
12-09-2015, 11:10 PM
Agree that this is an instant buy!

Saw the game when it was first released on PC. Glad to see that the game is now available on iOS.

Wondering if the game has been expanded with more puzzles. I recall a minor drawback of the original is that there were only a handful of puzzles.
12-09-2015, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Agree that this is an instant buy!

Saw the game when it was first released on PC. Glad to see that the game is now available on iOS.

Wondering if the game has been expanded with more puzzles. I recall a minor drawback of the original is that there were only a handful of puzzles.
Yeah, sadly it's not very long. I would have loved more of it. But what we do get is really solid. Some of those puzzles are incredibly tricky and took me many tries to solve.
12-09-2015, 11:46 PM
I still haven't picked this up on Mac. So I think I'll have to get the iOS version. Very original game. Stuff like this is why I play.
12-10-2015, 03:12 AM
Beta tester here as well and I can't recommend it enough. It's my game of the week for sure.

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
12-10-2015, 03:39 AM
How many puzzles are there? Or is the pc version expanded?
12-10-2015, 04:11 AM
Good game, but short, I think.

But it's really clever put together.
12-10-2015, 04:35 AM
Agree with how clever the puzzles are! Well done and very satisfying to solve.

To this end, knowing that a level can frequently be solved in many levels with different efficiencies, it feels like a big missed opportunity not to include some kind of metrics to measure how efficient the player's chosen solution is and how that compares to the developer's intended solution. A step counter, a counter to measure how many snow rolls are being made, and other similar metrics would make a great secondary goal. Why is this not incorporated?

The puzzle mechanics also somewhat rely on a "cheat" in that the snowball would not grow any larger once it reaches the "upper" size. I understand this constraint is necessary so not to break the core mechanics. But still it feels artificial and internally inconsistent with the game's logic whereby you are making a "growing" snowball.