App description: Legends of Yore is a casual rogue like designed for mobile platforms. Choose your character and adventure through the dungeons, gaining levels and experience to eventually become a hero.

The game is free to play until level 20, where you can purchase an upgrade. If you don't choose to upgrade you can continue playing but with limited gold and experience gains.

starjimstar's comments:



This was later released:



(Full game without IAP - but if you got the free and added the IAP you don't need to get this version)
10-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,893
Hey Kev, love the new graphical touches in the dungeons. It really looks nice with the shrines and thrones and all the other nice looking little details. Keep up all the great work, I Love This Game!
10-05-2011, 02:27 AM
Glad you're enjoying - the last update brought a lot of performance improvements for iOS, the next one is pending with Apple and is going to give you guys Pets!

Kev

10-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevglass View Post
Glad you're enjoying - the last update brought a lot of performance improvements for iOS, the next one is pending with Apple and is going to give you guys Pets!

Kev
Very nice, Thank you for the info on the newest update.
10-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Hey everyone, enjoying the free version so far but I have a question. Does the game ever get difficult later on? It seems way too easy atm.
10-10-2011, 03:39 AM
It gets more difficult for sure, but it's never intended to be as hard as a roguelike (though you can turn Hardcore and Permadeath on in the options to make it so)

Cheers,

Kev
12-11-2011, 04:34 AM
The new version has been pushed to the appstore, it features:

- 41,000 tiles of overland map
- 25+ dungeons
- 300+ monsters
- 300+ items
- 40+ quests
- 6 character classes
- 9 pets
- Crafting
- Treasure maps

Cheers,

Kev
12-11-2011, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevglass View Post
The new version has been pushed to the appstore, it features:

- 41,000 tiles of overland map
- 25+ dungeons
- 300+ monsters
- 300+ items
- 40+ quests
- 6 character classes
- 9 pets
- Crafting
- Treasure maps

Cheers,

Kev
that's a huge update! thank you!!

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
12-11-2011, 04:58 AM
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,760
Sounds like an awesome update. Thanks!
12-11-2011, 05:02 AM
I'd just like to clarify two things before I purchase this game. Do the numbers specified in the update log above for dungeons, monsters, items and quests refer to unique types thereof? And how random are the world [randomly generated upon first loading then saved as a world or randomly generated as you go along] and the things in it [quests, items, monsters et cetera]?

Last edited by AlteaineDranix; 12-11-2011 at 05:29 AM.
12-11-2011, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteaineDranix View Post
I'd just like to clarify two things before I purchase this game. Do the numbers specified in the update log above for dungeons, monsters, items and quests refer to unique types thereof? And how randomized is the world [randomly generated upon first loading then saved as a world or randomly generated as you go along]?
i can not confirm nor deny the numbers specified in the update info, but i do trust the developers very much and I'm blindly believing this even without checking. This is a great rogue/dungeon game. if you like sword of fargoal (or, to lesser extent, 100 rogues) then you would love this game. especially if you favor pixelated sprites.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.