★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: My annoying friend...

04-11-2009, 02:43 AM
My annoying friend...

He is saying the iPod Touch isn't a gaming system and it only has crappy little DL games. I'm like the console has nearly PSP graphics but he keeps saying it's graphics suck. And that the games are all short and crappy etc. How can I convince him that it is a proper gaming system, without him actually playing one.
04-11-2009, 02:49 AM
I've had the same discussions. I'm convinced that Touch in it's current state is a GREAT gaming device, but not a substitute for someone who really likes PSP/DS games. Games on Touch have a lot more in common with Flash games than PSP/DS (there are a few exceptions -- Sparta comes to mind). I'm fairly certain that PSP is much greater than Touch in terms of graphics, but it's at least as good as the DS.

It's not easy to convince your friend that Touch is a gaming device like PSP or vice versa -- they're just different. I like my Touch more than my DS precisely because it has a non-stop flow of cheap, quick games. If I wanted to buy a bunch of $20-$30 epics, I'd get out my DS.

04-11-2009, 02:56 AM
Well it's not exactly in the same league as PSP and DS gamewise, the guy has a point about touch games being short and lacking depth. Oh and no buttons kind of kills it as a serious gaming platform - virtual dpads SUCK.

Some games do work well, but many others just fail. But either way who cares. The DS and PSP aren't as pocketable, don't play music with nearly as much style, and a bunch of other things the Touch does that outclasses the PSP.
04-11-2009, 02:56 AM
Put him in a Triangle Choke until he gives in

Touch K.O. Knockout Kid
04-11-2009, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrianPerryProject View Post
Put him in a Triangle Choke until he gives in
Now there's some advice - but if it isn't your preferred option, try buying some of the real AAA game such as Super Monkey Ball, Hero of Sparta, SimCity, Fastlane... I don't know.... maybe Bullet Skater and show them to him.

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

04-11-2009, 03:26 AM
The touch beat the DS imo until GTA Chinatown wars came out =P

back
04-11-2009, 03:35 AM
Simply say 'go f**k urself'
He'll shut right up

But really there will always be haters
It's all good
04-11-2009, 03:57 AM
tell him to think back to when ipods could only handle games like brick and parachute and music quiz, now we have fps like hill billy and platformers like rolando, the same version of brothers in arms is on ds so that shows ipod touch can handle ds graphics.
04-11-2009, 05:12 AM
He has never even played a Touch but he says all the games are cheap DL games, which they definitely aren't. I guess there's just no convincing some people.
04-11-2009, 05:38 AM
Why are you even wasting your time with such a bloke?!