★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Prime Minister has been abducted by aliens and there is only one mammal who can save him: Laser Dolphin.

Blast your way through 4 planets and 50 levels of underwater fun! Saving the Prime Minister won't be a simple task - there are many bizarre sea creatures that will try to stop you including Missile Fish, Robo Birds, TNT Turtles, Electric Eels, and Robo Sharks.

Fortunately you'll have a bit of help along the way. You'll get power-ups such as torpedoes, gold dolphins, machine guns, and the deadly laser sword (Laser Dolphin's favorite).

In addition to the main story mode, there are also 10 stunt levels and 10 race levels. With Game Center support, you can compete with your friends for the fastest times and best dolphin tricks.

"...You Had Me at Dolphins with Laser Beams" (Jared Nelson, Touch Arcade)

"...the Citizen Kane of video gaming." (Andrew Groen, MacLife)

"Laser Dolphin has possibly the best plot of any iOS game, ever" (All About the Games)

Supports all iPhone and iPod Touch models. Tested on iOS 3 and iOS 4. Supports the Retina Display.

metalcasket's comments:

Preview & Review
05-03-2011, 02:29 PM
So does this play anything like Death Worm or Super Mega Worm?

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

05-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
So does this play anything like Death Worm or Super Mega Worm?
Decided to TOFTT, I'll post impressions in a little bit.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Ummm, where I do start? Those screenshots look like crap, don't they? Well guess what? The game too is...awesome! Sure, that menu looks like it was put together in 3 minutes (and it probably was >_>), but s***, it controls insanely well...and honestly can only be described as Ecco the Dolphin with lasers. Definitely worth a buck, and it'll probably stay on my phone for a while.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Cool. The dev's other game, Tasty Planet, is quite excellent too.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
05-03-2011, 04:04 PM
If you gonna do a thread on a game,add the trailer/gameplay Like this

05-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Really enjoying this game, nice gameplay and good graphics. It's like Ecco the dolphins angry brother!
05-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Really enjoying this game, nice gameplay and good graphics. It's like Ecco the dolphins angry brother!
Agreed. Good controls, nice 2D graphics and animation, fun level design. And a dolphin with a freaking laser. What's not to like?
05-03-2011, 05:17 PM
iPad version is $3 more, so I may pick this up.
05-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Game Impressions

Nice game, but I would like to see some more control options:

Regular dual stick (add right stick to shoot.)

And:

Add right stick for movement. Not only (optionally) instead, but also in addition to, the left one. That way we'd be able to, you know, shoot things on the left side of the screen too while moving. Without having to cover half the screen with thumb/finger.

Still fun though.