★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: #1 Paid Game on the App Store in United Kingdom, Italy, Japan, Netherlands & Germany!

* Quality Index Top 10 Game of 2011 *
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make way for the best Soccer game on iOS devices. First Touch Soccer represents the most complete, realistic and addictive Soccer sim available. Brought to you by the same team that gave you the award winning X2 Soccer series, First Touch Soccer is the true next-generation of iOS Soccer games.
"With an air of professionalism, First Touch Soccer delivers a consummate football experience, representing a new high water mark for the genre on iPhone" - Pocketgamer.com
"The graphics in First Touch Soccer are amazing" Toucharcade.com
"First Touch Soccer is a very strong sports sim with responsive gameplay" - Kotaku.com
"The best Football/Soccer game on the iPhone" iphonegameruk.com
SMART AI, RAPID GAMEPLAY & VIVID VISUALS
Intelligent defensive and attacking player AI form a challenging and addictive experience. With intuitive controls, excellent visuals and Retina display. First Touch Soccer is the complete Soccer package, pick it up today!

BE A CONTROL FREAK
Land a 30 yard pass on a penny with the new Freedom Control mechanics. Use our original floating 360 degree analogue stick to pass, lob and shoot precisely where you want.

PLAY AS ANY TEAM ACROSS MULTIPLE MODES
Over 250 club teams, 30 competitions and 7 game modes! Season mode lets you prove your endurance over a whole season rather than just knocking out a few teams in a tournament. Not selfish enough for you? Then feel free to go it alone in STAR PLAYER mode.

CREATE YOUR VERY OWN DREAM TEAM
Dream Team mode is bigger and better and lets you build up your ideal team from players all over the world, past and present! Use the Kit Editor to design home and away kits for your team and then take on the world!

GET CLOSER
Over 60 unique celebrations, realistic cameras and smooth animations get you closer to match day. Coupled with full Retina support you will feel like you are in the game.

BRAGGING RIGHTS
Challenge your friends on Twitter and Facebook. Show off audacious dribbles and outrageous goals with the new YouTube upload feature. Participate in regular Goal of the Month competitions via First Touch Soccers buzzing community sites!

CHALLENGE FRIENDS VIA LOCAL WIFI OR BLUETOOTH
Create your own friendly matches over Local Wi-Fi or Bluetooth against your buddies.

GO GLOBAL
Fed up of putting a cricket score past your friends? Test your skills online against players all over the world! (Game Center devices only)

GOSSIP FIX
Get the latest news delivered straight to your device via an RSS Feed. The feed can be customised so if you have a preferred source, edit away.
Exclusive soundtrack provided by Charly Coombes & The New Breed, Spring Offensive, A Silent Film, Alphabet Backwards & My Other Life.

We hope you enjoy playing First Touch Soccer; it wouldnt be this good without valued fan feedback.

Unbelievably good so addictive Wingaz1983

I love it! since I bought this game I cant stop playing! Casepc23

Check out more user quotes @ http://www.teamfirsttouch.com/wp/?p=784

Let us know how weve done, enter competitions or just generally get involved in what were up to...

VISIT US: firsttouchgames.com
LIKE US: facebook.com/firsttouchgame
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/firsttouchgames
WATCH US: youtube.com/firsttouchreplays

steviebwoy's comments:

Out now, and well worth a look at this price!
05-04-2011, 04:51 AM
First Touch Soccer by X2 Games

TouchAholics Gameplay Preview

Now available in the US and UK!

First Touch Soccer Features (Taken from Team First Touch)
Quote:
Posted on May 3, 2011 by charlie

First Touch Soccer Pre-Launch Blog

Tomorrow (Wednesday) sees the launch of our new football game, First Touch Soccer, the spiritual successor to X2 Football 2010. So now is a good point to run through some of the key differences, improvements and evolutions from X2 Football to First Touch Soccer.

Controls
We have a new control method in FTS. We still have 3 buttons, but instead of pass, shoot and thru-ball we have Low, Hard and Lob Kick. Passing will still generally be done with the Low Kick button, and shooting with the Hard Kick button. However in FTS its also possible to perform a low hard pass, or a short lob. These kicks were not possibly in X2 Football. The change of the thru-ball button to Lob Kick button, is really no great loss. Thru-balls are still possibly but much be performed by pointing in the thru-ball direction rather than just expecting the kick to be automated.
The difference here simply to allow for more control and freedom. You can do anything with any button you can pass with the hard kick button, perform a low hard cross with the low kick button or chip the keeper with the Lob Kick button. Theres more variety and accuracy possibly with FTS than there ever was with X2 Football, and whilst the new controls might take a little getting used to for regular X2 players, we believe the change is well worthwhile.
In addition to these core changes there is the option to switch Kick Assists to Low, High or Off. The default setting is Low which gives your kick direction a little help in reaching your team mate, or the goal. High gives more help, and Low turns this off altogether.
For all kick types, regardless of the Kick-Assist setting crosses are auto-detected for all kick types when in the final third of the pitch, and youre not making an obvious kick in the pointed direction.

Gameplay
The control changes outlined above have a big impact on gameplay, but there are other key changes.
The team-mate and opponent AI in the game has been partially re-written. Where its not been re-written its been heavily tweaked. So its not an entirely new AI system, but around 60% of it is, and we feel its a decent improvement over what was in X2F. We received a lot of comment that previous games were too easy, so we hope weve gone some way to addressing that in FTS.
In addition, we have 200+ new motion captured animations, and our animations are smoother this year than in X2F due to increased bone count in the player models, and animation data.
The final major gameplay addition is the new Star Player mode which allows you to control just one player on your team. This is a completely new way to play the game for us, and is a fun diversion from the core game. It forces you to play the game and look at things in a different way. This is a feature wed love to get feedback from players on.

Game Modes
We still have over 300 club and international teams in the game, which can be used in Tournament Mode, or the new Season Mode. Season Mode is really an extension of tournament mode and combines a League and Cup campaign into a single game mode. Its not a full career or manager mode as it doesnt allow any player transfers, but it is more in-depth than the simple Tournament mode. A career / manager mode is something were definitely looking at for an update or future version.
Additionally weve made plenty of improvements to the popular Dream Team mode, including different levels of tournaments, and a custom kit editor, and the new Dream Team World Tour sub-mode.
Finally, the new Star Player gameplay mode mentioned above can be used in Tournament and Season mode once youve played 5 individual Star Player matches.

Visuals
We feel visuals have taken a big step up from X2F to FTS. First theres the obvious technical improvements in supporting Retina display on high end devices. Then theres the brand new player models, and heads which are a big step up from X2F even on lower end devices. We also have new more detailed kits, and our stadiums and crowd have been improved.
The other big change affecting visuals is the new NIS system Non Interactive Sequences (NIS) are the incidental parts of the game like intros, goal celebrations, bookings and other events. We have over 100 new sequences, and a whole load of animations, which really add to the spectacle and atmosphere of the game.

Audio
Audio hasnt had quite as much attention as some other areas of the game. We have some new in game sound effects, which are an improvement but youd be doing well to notice a big change. Weve also adjusted and tweaked many of the commentary lines and triggers, but fundamentally the commentary is largely the same as in X2F.
We do have a brand new soundtrack, from some great Oxford based bands (where the dev team is based), and more info on this can be found here.

Multiplayer / Online
Multiplayer and online features have had big upgrades from X2F to FTS. FTS has full Apple Game Center support including online multiplayer, game invites, leaderboards and achievements. For local play theres also Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
On the social side theres support for Facebook and Twitter updates, so you can brag about your victories online.
Finally, FTS has support to encode videos and upload them to YouTube from within the game. This should be a really cool feature, and we look forward to seeing some of the great goals people score in the game.

Hopefully this gives people a bit of insight into whats so good about First Touch Soccer, but as always if youve any suggestions, or features youd like to see in the game, please let us know!

Beta Tester for: Zenonia 3, Air Penguin, Illusia, Soccer Superstars 2011, Baseball Superstars II, Chalk n' Talk, Kami Retro, NOM:BYT, Liberty Wings, Proshare.
Currently playing: NHL 2K11, FM2012, FIFA12, GTA3, Adventure Bar Story

Last edited by jgynwa11; 05-04-2011 at 05:11 AM.

05-04-2011, 05:20 AM
First impression

my first impression for this is that it's neat and have a good graphic for ipod 4g

this game has alots of modes, there is a mode where you can control 1 player

and this game is fun!

its on sale now so you guys should get it now and lets compete on online multiplayer!

fifa 11 erased.
05-04-2011, 05:23 AM
Game FAQs (From X2 Games)
Quote:
1.What are the differences between Bronze, Silver, Gold & Platinum tokens?

Spending more Bronze, Silver or Gold tokens will lead to players of higher ability. Silver and Gold Tokens let you specify player positions. Gold tokens also let you specify player specialities. Platinum tokens let you buy any player in the game.

2. I find it difficult to keep my shots on targets!

Kick assists are defaulted to Low, if you visit the game Attacking Game Controls via My Profile you can increase the level of Kick Assists, or if you are looking for a challenge then you can turn it off completely.

3. Can I change Player and Team Names?

Yes, simply go to My Profile on the main page and then go to Edit Team Data.

4. How do you watch replays?

Launch the game, go to the My Profile section and click on Replay Viewer.

5. How do I unlock Classic and Allstar teams?

Go to Bio within My Profile to view Unlockables. Click on an unlockable to view a description of how to unlock it, or you can visit our in game shop and purchase the teams to access them instantly.

6. How do I perform a specific skill move?

Ball Control and Dribbling stats determine the skill moves available to a player. When you perform a skill move by double tapping the screen it randomly picks from the skill moves available to a player.

7. Can you play as a Star Player for a tournament?

Yes you can, you simply need to play 5 matches in Star Player to unlock it for tournaments.

8. How do I upload videos to Youtube?

Once you have saved a replay from a match go to My Profile and click on Replay Viewer. Pick the replay you wish to upload, once it has loaded position the camera and click on the Youtube icon in the top left hand corner.

9. Where do I set up my Social Networking settings?

You can set these up on your initial boot, but you can set these up at a later date. Go to My Profile, Game Settings and then swipe across once to the left to the Online Tab. Here you can setup your Facebook, Twitter & Youtube details.

10. What happens if I do not have a Youtube account to upload replays?

The replay will be uploaded to our very own First Touch Replays Channel (email required), you can visit this at www.youtube.com/firsttouchreplays

11. What does Send Metrics mean?

With this setting on we will be able to monitor the way people play the game. We will get anonymous information regarding the areas of the game which are visited. It also shows us statistics such as how many goals users are scoring in a match, how many red cards they receive etc. This information is vital in ensuring that we focus on the popular aspects of the game when developing future projects.

12. How do I customise my player auto-switch preferences?

Simply go to Game Controls within My Profile and swipe along to the Auto Switch tab. Here you can enable or disable when you want your controlled player changed automatically to the best placed player.

13. What is the difference between a Season and a Single Tournament in Tournament Mode?

Within Season Mode you will play a cup alongside the league you are in. In single tournament mode you will only play the games within that tournament.

14. How do I earn Dream Team Tokens?

You can earn tokens through various different methods. 1. Bronze tokens will be awarded for playing the Dream Team World Tour successfully. 2. Silver & Gold tokens can be earned by completing feats. 3. Dream Team tournaments reward the user with Silver, Gold and even Platinum tokens for completing specific tournaments.

15. Can I buy Dream Team Tokens?

Yes, simple visit our in game shop and purchase tokens in packs of 60 Bronze tokens, 40 Silver Tokens, 20 Gold Tokens or 1 Platinum Token.

16. My Ranking Points did not change after I lost a game!

Currently the ranking points system works by logging your highest points at any time. Only if you go above this will the points then change.

17. I have a problem not answered here, help!

For any support requests relating to First Touch Soccer not answered here please email: support@teamfirsttouch.com

Beta Tester for: Zenonia 3, Air Penguin, Illusia, Soccer Superstars 2011, Baseball Superstars II, Chalk n' Talk, Kami Retro, NOM:BYT, Liberty Wings, Proshare.
Currently playing: NHL 2K11, FM2012, FIFA12, GTA3, Adventure Bar Story

Last edited by jgynwa11; 05-04-2011 at 05:25 AM.
05-04-2011, 05:32 AM
Yeah, I was quite impressed too to be honest. Have played 3 matches so far and my Dream Team is already coming along nicely. Having won 2 silver tokens for "Screamers" though, I can't find a way of spending only one of them on new players - for some reason it only lets me spend both tokens in one go. Might be a bug..

Aside from that, it's good, there's no through ball button though, weirdly?
05-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Bought. X2 Games has a great rep and at this price point, it's hard to turn down.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 05-04-2011 at 07:23 AM.
05-04-2011, 05:37 AM
I have not even got to the game itself yet as i am still browsing the menus. And already it beats Fifa 10/11 hands down.

I especially like the RSS feed idea that allows you to get the latest sport news etc.

I noticed there is no Manager/Season mode, But i read that they are doing it as we speak and that it should be out soon!. Now don't do a EA on us and do nothing at all.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
05-04-2011, 05:37 AM
There are two threads, and this one seems to better one with an impression aleady. Back to the game, im intrigued by this, last game was excellent and this looks no less
05-04-2011, 05:39 AM
have not even got to the game itself yet as i am still browsing the menus. And already it beats Fifa 10/11 hands down.

I especially like the RSS feed idea that allows you to get the latest sport news etc.

I noticed there is no Manager/Season mode, But i read that they are doing it as we speak and that it should be out soon!. Now don't do a EA on us and do nothing at all.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
05-04-2011, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_TA View Post
There are two theads, and since the other one seems from the dev (has videos and a FAQ) this one should be closed?
That definitely isn't the dev.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"