★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: aircut
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 22.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.8 (4)
App description: HydroToss is now featured by Apple in App Store under "New and noteworthy".

"Go pick it up and let your inner child have some fun" ~pocketfulofmb.com

"Taking retro gaming to the extreme, when it involved just water and plastic" ~appvader.com

HydroToss is a simple game to learn, very fun to play. Only downside is that it can develop a subtle but socially acceptable gaming habit.

Remember those addictive old fashioned (one would even say RETRO) plastic "handheld" games with water in them that you used to play for days, months and years when you were a kid? HydroToss is exactly that but with different levels and way more options than ever before, and we can without a doubt say that it's a must have game for iOS devices.

HydroToss is constantly updated game, updates include new levels, new type of devices, new worlds, new obstacles and new level design and of course, seasonal updates with themed levels.

In HydroToss you play through different levels and the goal is to put all the balls in appropriate containers using accurate tilt controls integrated in your iOS device, just like you used to control your similar plastic "handheld" device years ago.

With Game Center support, you can laugh at your friends as you pass them by with your new high score. Great thing is, you can play all the same levels over and over again because every time, the balls give you different gameplay and rather different outcome.

MEDIA REVIEWS:
"HydroToss brings old style gaming, without water or plastic" ~funtouch.net

"Very fungame, but you can easily get really addicted" ~iportal.com.hr

GAME FEATURES:
- World 1 and World 2 with 14 different levels (each with it's own design)
- Constant updates with new worlds and new levels
- Different designs of your container device
- Score submit for your favorite social networks (Facebook, Twitter)
- Competing against your friends
- Global leaderboards with Game Center
- Loads of achievements to unlock
- Unique original music by Cellular Control
- Secret easter eggs

HOW TO PLAY:
Put your brain into speed, power up your iOS device, tilt, swing and turn your device upside down to move balls in all directions inside of the container. Tap the screen for easter eggs, secrets and more options.

Don't forget to rate and like our game in the App Store.

aircutdev's comments:

Hi all,
we have just released our new water pressure simulated game called HydroToss™. We bet you have played these sort of games before as a kid. With HydroToss™ we bring you the same gaming experience but in a form that fits in your pocket.

Official site with screenshots and goodies

HydroToss™ teaser (Youtube)

Here are some promo codes for you (we will periodically post fresh ones):
MF97YYFP37JX
NRYWXM7PX3LX
LHR96TFM9EMN
9FTNK7WXMHYE
JPXLRL643KYJ
05-04-2011, 03:21 PM
all codes gone...

05-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadenlos View Post
all codes gone...
thank you so much for your feedback

05-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Teaser:

Note:

Hello aircutdev,

Welcome on touchArcade. Just for the Future you shouldn`t post Promo Codes that Open because almost half of the iOS Community is searching for easy Promo Codes this Days at the Forum.

You should better ask People to Replay to this Thread if they wana have a Promo Code and then ask them friendly for giving you a Feedback about your Game on iTunes and at the Forum.

I am sure you will get at least a few Replays. Best would be if you could create a Lite Version too so we could talk about your Game a little More then right now.

If you catch enough attention i am sure a lot more People will talk about your Game, create Gameplay Trailers on Youtube and in no Time you have at least a bunch of People talking about your Game and at least a few who actually buy it too.

You should also try to get in Contact with the Press so the World start to know that your Game is out. Here is a small List of Websites you should get in Contact with...

Have a nice Day,

Sanuku

Besides that. Your Teaser Trailer looks Fantastic, may i ask who did produce it since it really does have some High Quality.
05-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircutdev View Post
thank you so much for your feedback

you should ask people to PM you for the promo codes, and not post them. There are lurkers who do not have registered accounts here, and all they do it lurk around and snatch up promo codes for free games, and never leave reviews.

Game Center username:iBreez
GraalOnline Classic username: iBreez
Openfeint username: ferb12321
Plus username: ferb12321
05-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferb12321 View Post
you should ask people to PM you for the promo codes, and not post them. There are lurkers who do not have registered accounts here, and all they do it lurk around and snatch up promo codes for free games, and never leave reviews.
Yeah I certainly would love to try this--when people lurk the codes it gets pretty annoying. Some of us love giving honest feedback, TAs registered users are a pretty strong and committed community.

Check out Spark It Up, an award-winning music/action game with my music!
05-08-2011, 10:00 PM
It's pretty decent. The very begining of the game trail brought me back to my childhood.
05-09-2011, 05:30 AM
Thanks everyone for the quality feedback.

@Sanuku: We are doing our best at spreading the word and your website links will come in handy for that. Thanks, you have been really helpful.
Everything in and for the game was created inhouse; graphics, trailer and music were made by me (Filip Filkovic Philatz), code and everything else in the game was done by Mijo "Jackiedigital" Kaliger.

@ferb12321: Will do, too bad people just take codes and give no feedback. We will make sure this doesn't happen again with our apps.

@veecheech: Interested in a promo code?

@mkjate: Percisely! When we started making apps for iOS we wanted to bring something we wanted to play ourselves. From that came the idea for HydroToss, taking us back to our childhood.
05-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Game Impressions

Hey Gang,

I've played it a bit so far and must give them credit that it is EXACTLY as billed and a fun nostalgic trip down memory lane. On each level you are timed on how long it takes you to get all of the balls into the baskets. If just trying to get them all into the baskets wasn't tough enough, jettison the balls too hard and they'll end up in THE PIT off to the far right. Getting balls in the pit is a major pain as the tilting required to get the balls back out of the pit is likely to knock out some of your properly basketed balls.

I like the game, nice polish, but I really wish the COLOR of the balls meant something like if a player is able to group 2+ of the same color together they should get a bonus.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferb12321 View Post
every time is the same story, it is useless to say the same words every few days

I love this world!