Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-04-2011, 09:50 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

I really wish devs that release free to play versions of their games with this much polish would release a paid version with no iap as well. You have nothing to lose, their is hardly any extra work, you can do sales, and who knows, you might have a gem that carries up the charts. The appstore is starting to show the effects of a high roller takeover. More and more smaller devs are trying different pricing styles and undervaluing their games in order to just get noticed, and that to at release now.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:54 AM

^ And how would you suggest they do that? It sounds like you can buy "points" (which can also be earned in-game) that can be used to unlock stuff. How would simulate that while selling the game at a single fixed price? By giving you a flat amount of points to start off and removing the ability to purchase more?
Old 05-04-2011, 09:57 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

No im asking for a version where there is no point system. Things are unlocked by completing levels and there are no ads. Im not saying they did anything wrong, Im just saying it might not be a bad idea to have two versions of the game.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:43 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

You could always just give in and do IAPs this one time, then a few days later you'll have forgotten it ever happened and won't be crying yourself to sleep any more.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
no, they just occasionally pop up in the top left corner when you're playing, usually at the beginning of the level.
I have yet to see one.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:56 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 05-04-2011, 11:15 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

If you think its a cheap issue Midian thats fine with me. Its just that the mass market feels mostly in the the same way. Just trying to give my opinion. If you want we can all leave the entire forum to you though. You seem to know everyone's story anyway
Old 05-04-2011, 12:11 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by injuwarrior View Post
If you think its a cheap issue Midian thats fine with me. Its just that the mass market feels mostly in the the same way. Just trying to give my opinion. If you want we can all leave the entire forum to you though. You seem to know everyone's story anyway
I don't think it's a cheap issue. I think you've got something against IAP and you could just pay it and enjoy the game, but you won't for some strange reason. I don't think you should speak on behalf of the mass market either, IAP is popular.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:33 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I don't think it's a cheap issue. I think you've got something against IAP and you could just pay it and enjoy the game, but you won't for some strange reason. I don't think you should speak on behalf of the mass market either, IAP is popular.
Well there was a better way to say it. As for IAP, they are pretty unpopular with the people who I know with I devices. I am saying this because I felt that this game is truly beautiful and in depth enough that it could have done very well in the paid charts. Imo being top 50 (as I felt this could have been easily) in the paid charts is better than being top 5 free for a few days. But as you have been with the app store longer than I, I shall hope this game does flourish with its iap model. I do not see why a full version would hurt it though.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:42 PM

kind of disappointing.. this game has nothing to do w a Frisbee then the actually Frisbee itself. Was looking forward to a realistic game. This is just like a racing game in a Frisbee shell.

Now someone make a MP Frisbee Golf game!