★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by injuwarrior View Post
Well there was a better way to say it. As for IAP, they are pretty unpopular with the people who I know with I devices. I am saying this because I felt that this game is truly beautiful and in depth enough that it could have done very well in the paid charts. Imo being top 50 (as I felt this could have been easily) in the paid charts is better than being top 5 free for a few days. But as you have been with the app store longer than I, I shall hope this game does flourish with its iap model. I do not see why a full version would hurt it though.
For the record, I wasn't disagreeing with your opinion. If there was a paid version I would prefer that too. I just think that since there isn't we should cut our losses and pay the IAP rather than sit here complaining about it.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
For the record, I wasn't disagreeing with your opinion. If there was a paid version I would prefer that too. I just think that since there isn't we should cut our losses and pay the IAP rather than sit here complaining about it.
The dev is active on here though. Should the dev see this and release a paid version, my hope is that the game will benefit as well. I was not trying to complain, but simply state that there are ways to spread out your reach on the app store. You might prefer a paid, many simply need to have it. I should clarify, I do not do consumable iap, as I believe this is. I have bought iaps to unlock full games. I am trying to find a way to give the dev some of my pocket change (as all apps are sadly priced) in a way we both win.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo

05-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Well this is a freemium game and lots freemium games are earning big bucks (look at the 'We' games or maybe even Pocket Frogs). This game has chosen its pricing system. Of course I'd prefer a version where you pay a one time fee and get a full game but I don't think this will go that way because frankly, the dev wins bigger in its current state if it gets popular.
05-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrokenchain33 View Post
kind of disappointing.. this game has nothing to do w a Frisbee then the actually Frisbee itself. Was looking forward to a realistic game. This is just like a racing game in a Frisbee shell.

Now someone make a MP Frisbee Golf game!
Bah - go outside and play some real disc golf! No app can replicate the real deal!
05-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Im against IAP to remove ad's I'd much rather pay for a stand alone complete version that had no ad's to start with. I just don't like the whole IAP thing that so many apps these days have.
It's like starfront free with IAP to unlock the game I just waited until they released the full paid version and got that instead. Just something doesn't feel right about all the IAP's.
Just my opinion.
05-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoga3000 View Post
Bah - go outside and play some real disc golf! No app can replicate the real deal!
The Sports Champ disc golf on PS Move is damn good though

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Im against IAP to remove ad's I'd much rather pay for a stand alone complete version that had no ad's to start with. I just don't like the whole IAP thing that so many apps these days have.
It's like starfront free with IAP to unlock the game I just waited until they released the full paid version and got that instead. Just something doesn't feel right about all the IAP's.
Just my opinion.
I'm with you on this one! Feel the same way and couldn've said it any better myself. +1
05-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Just my opinion.
Meh, I don't have a problem with iAPs as long as they're not in-game currency or consumables in the game. I just don't like free games..gives the impression that it's crap. It's now been over two years since I've downloaded a free game, well a free game that didn't have an iAP I knew I'd buy immediately that is. This game looks pretty good though. Will definitely be removing the ads before trying the game out.

Twitter: @back2this
05-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Out now on the UK store. Downloading...

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-04-2011, 06:22 PM
FREEE?!?!?! just relized this!!!

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926