Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 08:51 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Default Hothead Games Announces Kard Combat

Kard Combat is available now, free to download for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad in Canada (worldwide release coming soon).

Here is the original post:

My name is Hamish Millar, a producer at Hothead Games, and I’m thrilled to exclusively announce our new iPhone and iPad game, Kard Combat to Touch Arcade fans.

From its humble beginnings in concept art and a “name that game” competition posted on a blog, the idea has quickly grown into a full game, ready to launch!

Kard Combat is a free to play, dueling card game set in a world where powerful magi battle each other for supremacy every thousand years.

Features
• A full campaign to the top of the Tower, including battle-specific cards and win conditions.
• Tons of cards and upgrades to collect that carry over to other game modes.
• Four unique magi, each with their own card sets and play styles.
• Free to play, with multiplayer coming soon.

Game Design
Kard Combat is a brutal, faster-paced spin on the dueling card game genre. It is the evolution of a high pedigree of strategy games including Astral Tournament, Spectromancer and Magic: The Gathering. In fact the creator of Magic: The Gathering was one of the game designers.

For more detailed information, you can check out the FAQ at www.kardcombat.com

The Future of Kard Combat
We’re plan to support a Kard Combat community with tons of new content and our plans are also listed on the Kard Combat website, but we want to hear what additions to the game you would be most excited for. Please post your thoughts and ideas here or you can post in the Kard Combat thread in the Hothead forums here.

Last edited by Hamish; 06-18-2011 at 12:16 PM..
Old 05-10-2011, 06:33 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Welcome to Touch Arcade. This looks really interesting and look forward to Kard Battles release...
Old 05-10-2011, 08:42 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Looks awesome! Future customer here!
Old 05-11-2011, 12:05 AM

I'm very interested to hear more details, especially if Richard Garfield was in the design team.

Edit: I just red the FAQ. The game looks like Spectromancer for iPhone. I could find a corespondant in Spectromancer for all demo cards shown. And that is not a bad thing!

Last edited by NagaRoyalGuard; 05-11-2011 at 12:24 AM..
Old 05-11-2011, 12:11 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'll play!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:38 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

The Kard art on the website looks amazing. Please keep the info flowing. A little bit goes a long way to keeping everyone interested in the game.

Here is some interesting background information. http://www.arcanathegame.com/?p=23

Name of the game has changed though.

Last edited by Vernimator; 05-11-2011 at 11:27 AM..
Old 05-11-2011, 03:00 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

That's some good sleuthing Vernimator

We had a "name that game" competition a while ago that got some good press and then went quiet for a while to knuckle down and get the game finished.

It is quite similar to Spectromancer, which I think is a good thing too. I love the different play styles of the classes and many of the combinations of creatures and spells. We've set the game in an entirely different universe and made some subtle design improvements. I'll talk about that in more detail soon.

As for a release date, right now we're looking at some time in the next couple of months. Stay tuned for more information on that. There's still a fair bit left to do, and we'll soon be in that balance between wanting to make the game perfect for ourselves or shipping it earlier to get the feedback we need to make it perfect for you.

Great to see this thread getting some comments. I'll be posting here regularly for you guys as we lead up to launch.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:28 PM
iPhone 4

Default Kard Combat images

Hi everyone

I work with Hamish looking after the marketing at Hothead...so first off im pleased to see the thread get some attention

We will have a plethora of game and card art and trailers to show off and competitions we want to run so keep an eye on Kard Combat website for this info.

I thought I'd post some of the released art here so others can see it in the thread. There is more on the game's website with more to be revealed soon but here is a taster of my favorites so far. Enjoy!

Old 05-11-2011, 05:50 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Looks like it has almost a Victorian flavor with the ghost and the judge?
Old 05-11-2011, 05:56 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncorazon View Post
Looks like it has almost a Victorian flavor with the ghost and the judge?
These are just my favorites from the art we have released on the website but they don't necessarily represent an overall theme. We have a lot of art/card variety which we will be sharing over the coming days/weeks...

Closed Thread