★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

New Developer on the block - Pixeleap

05-05-2011, 05:08 AM
New Developer on the block - Pixeleap

Hi everyone here at the TA Forum

We are a new indie startup called Pixeleap and we are based in Denmark.

The company consists of 3 guys with great passion for both playing and making games. Making games for iOS that is.

We have been watching TA for some time and have finally decided to join in and we would like to say hello to everyone and if possible hear from you all if you have any good tips when starting out on this forum.

Obviously we want to talk about our game and show our progress, but we wanted to say hello first and get comfortable with the forum.

We are interested in hearing from you how you go about posting information about your games, what do you find is a 'must have' in an announcement post and what do you feel is the best way to get testers interested in your games.

We have some ideas, but it is our experience that all forums work in different ways, so we are very interested in the opinion of you more experienced users

Thank you for your time

05-05-2011, 05:45 AM

05-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Thank you guys
05-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Welcome to your new obsession!

My Twitter:@Tudor
05-05-2011, 10:17 AM
hehe thank you
05-05-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm no developer, but I've read a lot of game announcements and the best ones are the ones that actually give us some information. Don't announce your game too soon, if you don't have any artwork or a video to show off people will find it hard to get excited because at that point all they have is your word. As soon as you can prove you've actually got something interesting to share people will respond positively and are less likely to forget about it.

If you're starting a new game and absolutely can't keep it to yourself but aren't ready to make a new topic about it, just mention it subtly in another conversation somewhere, or find a topic with people talking about games in the same genre and mention you're working on one.

゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi MidianGTX,

Thank you very much for your insight, this is excactly what we are looking for

We are curently working on a game that is nearing its beta phase, and this is very helpful information for when we are going to announce it

05-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Welcome! I hope to see some nice games from you and your company...i always like seeing new indie shops enter the scene.
05-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Hi Pchukwura,

Thank you for the warm welcome

we will do our very best to live up to those expectations