Support our Sponsors:

Old 04-11-2009, 01:57 PM

I love the horror genre and this game seems pretty good. And with that great launch price I'll be picking this one up. The controls are good as well. I'm not too big on the red circle part of it but it moves well regardless.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:00 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to yourofl10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrianPerryProject View Post
I love the horror genre and this game seems pretty good. And with that great launch price I'll be picking this one up. The controls are good as well. I'm not too big on the red circle part of it but it moves well regardless.
I will be getting this 1 to
Old 04-11-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gieve View Post
General rule of thumb,

Make everything yourself.

If you need to use someone else's art/code make sure its 100% ok, and/or license free, this goes for things as silly as using photos found on google for textures to finding some models you like and just sticking them in because they will save you some time. its a dangerous position to find yourself.

save your self hassle, lest we forget one of the greatest plagiarism stories of recent times (Limbo of the Lost, Google for a fun and informative read)
Agreed.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:22 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to scinfu

yes i m an unity3d user , a some asset are of the unity , and many but many art/code are my . the appartmen is an asset free and can be used freely with a license unity .

and before anyone tells me "thief" I reply with a comment of a moderator of unity .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggyB
Did you write your own engine?
Do you write your own modeling/art tools?
Do you write your own OS?

No, we all leverage existing tools, assets and media to achieve our goals, let's drop the high-and-mighty here and move on. What was done was legal and within the license rights provided, no theft was involved.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:34 PM

wouldnt be to worried about not being approved because of one random picture seeing as how idig was approved and the whole game is a blatant rip off of mr.driller. you should probably just change it in a an update though. just to be nice
Old 04-12-2009, 07:42 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

I think the Aeon Flux thing is cool, don't think even Apple is that anal.

Game looks and sounds awesome, although the enemies looking like stiff cardboard cutouts kinda kills the dread buildup. Nice environmental events to add to the mood. I think we should be able to move the FIRE button closer to our finger instead of reaching in the middle like Zombieville.

Being able to go near certain objects and reading info (aka "Not sure where this door leads", "This picture looks old" etc) might be cool as well.

Last edited by arta; 04-12-2009 at 07:51 PM..
Old 04-13-2009, 03:10 PM

Hi, everybody! New to TA so I'm trying the forums out. But I did have a question about this game.

The graphics look good for starters, but after watching the video, I wonder about the control scheme. Is the fire button too far away from the control pads? Would a player have to stop moving every time that he/she needed to shoot at a monster? (Like taking finger off one of the pads, shoot, when monster moves then go back to movement pad, re-aim, then shoot again?) This seems to be a bit inefficient for a FPS. Thoughts? Anyone played games with this scheme before? Did it work well?
Old 04-13-2009, 03:13 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Another control scheme for FPS fail?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:59 PM

Another control for FPS fail? Maybe... I don't want to jump to conclusions, but...

I'm a big fan of FPS, but I have yet to find a really good one on iPhone. Cube works pretty well. And I'm liking my experience on Wolfenstein 3D. Who knows? Maybe this control scheme will work after. I have been wrong before.