Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 06-15-2012, 07:17 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeNoMeN View Post
HOW? game is not out yet..
One of the perks of being a reviewer. I get my hands on games early sometimes, especially from certain developers / publishers.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Here's an interesting looking upcoming game: Return To Castlerama. I know it's billed as an FPS, but it appears that it focuses more on exploring than anything else, as there is only one brief clip in the 2+ minute video that contains combat. It could be rather fun, and the visuals are certainly incredible.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:13 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
Here's an interesting looking upcoming game: Return To Castlerama. I know it's billed as an FPS, but it appears that it focuses more on exploring than anything else, as there is only one brief clip in the 2+ minute video that contains combat. It could be rather fun, and the visuals are certainly incredible.
Keeping my eye out for this one
Old 06-15-2012, 11:19 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

New in Canadian app store today

Cursed memories: the secret of Agony Creek CE
Old 06-15-2012, 11:24 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I think I have quite a lot of adventure games but currently I have 99c. Is there a nice game which you would recommend? Hopefully ipad friendly (but for 99c, I don't hold much hope).
Old 06-15-2012, 11:41 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Eric posted a bit back about some Anuman/Microids games going on sale as well as the Naked Gun game. With 7k games, it is probably pretty hard to find something new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzwen View Post
I think I have quite a lot of adventure games but currently I have 99c. Is there a nice game which you would recommend? Hopefully ipad friendly (but for 99c, I don't hold much hope).
Old 06-15-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.hendricks View Post
Eric posted a bit back about some Anuman/Microids games going on sale as well as the Naked Gun game. With 7k games, it is probably pretty hard to find something new!
Thanks but yeah I do have most of the anuman games. I missed the Naked Gun game though, looks pretty interesting. If there is nothing else, I will likely get this.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:12 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
Oh wow, that looks incredible. I hope it's as vast and open world as the video makes it seem.
The only thing is, it seems like you might be taking a relaxing tour of the castle grounds, looking for clues, when some monsters can pop out at you? Guess we'll have to wait and see how the combat fits into the game.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:40 AM

I started on Weird Park (saw the recommendation back a couple pages) finally today, played it in an entire sitting, was close to finish but my ipad couldn't stand the 'abuse'. It's pretty good and I hope they come out with a sequel considering the no. of 5 stars.

However, to those who tried it. Is it just me or what? I feel that after the portal, there are a lot more hidden item searches every couple steps than puzzles compared to before the portal (in the park). Also the strategy guide sometimes show stuff that don't appear on my end. But it may be a fluke since I rarely check it (honest!).
Old 06-16-2012, 11:44 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
Oh wow, that looks incredible. I hope it's as vast and open world as the video makes it seem.
The only thing is, it seems like you might be taking a relaxing tour of the castle grounds, looking for clues, when some monsters can pop out at you? Guess we'll have to wait and see how the combat fits into the game.
I was wondering the same thing. I think back to Dungeon Of The Damned which was billed as a point and click / RPG and really ended up being little of either. I'm hoping that this will mostly be puzzle solving / item collecting with a bit of combat thrown in, but that it won't be too much "just wandering". The problem is that I believe it was based off of an app that was just meant to be a walking tour, so there's a chance the inventory / fighting controls could have been lazily wrenched in. Let's hope that's not the case, because the visuals are great.