★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: MMO + Gmaps = Fleck!

05-05-2011, 01:04 PM
MMO + Gmaps = Fleck!

Helloooooo Touch Arcade!

We've been working on a sooper-seekrit project for the last year... okay, it's not very secret. It's even been in a live beta on the web for the last six months (www.fleck.com). But enough about that - it's FINALLY live on the iPad!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=428381964&mt=8

Fleck's basically an MMO that you play on Google Maps. It's a little bit of Farmville (wait, wait - don't stop reading yet!), a little bit of Diablo (real-time cooperative zombie combat!), a little bit of Monopoly (buy real-world restaurants that use real Yelp data), and a bunch more. Quests, scavenger hunts, tons of cooperative stuff to do, all in a big synchronous world that spans the entire continental US (and eventually, THE WORLD).

I hope you get a chance to check it out - if you do, add me as a friend (username = helava)

Cheers!
seppo
05-05-2011, 09:03 PM
The rest of us

Congratulations on the release, I've been following is one for some time. Any idea when I can expect an Australian release?
05-06-2011, 01:16 PM
We're hoping later this year, but it can be a bit tricky to say. We'd love to expand as fast as we can, but there's a lot of infrastructure that needs to be in place to support more people & a LOT more space. Still, we'll do our best to TAKE OVER THE WORLD as fast as we can!

Cheers!
seppo
05-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Cheers!

Thanks for the info Seppo. I wonder if its possible to 'trick' Gmaps so that users in other countries can still play on the same map but have their movements be relative instead of directly positional.

But either way, looking forward to an international release