★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

S.C.U.D. by BitCaper

04-11-2009, 03:49 PM
S.C.U.D. by BitCaper

A couple weeks ago BitCaper mentioned that we were working on a new game. This is that game...

There are many dangers lurking in deep space. But in that space the most valuable substance exists: Flexite. Buried deep within the shattered pieces of stars, flexite is the mineral that makes the universe turn. The fields are too dangerous for ordinary mining expeditions, they are riddled with marauders, smugglers, pirates and all sorts of maniacal pests. The crew of the Space Carrier: Ultima Draco, S.C.U.D., are the only pilots with the skill and recklessness necessary to navigate the dangerous reaches of the deep space mines.

Choose from three pilots, each with a unique spacecraft. Guide your craft through the asteroid fields, blasting the flexite out of the rocks, and shooting the rocks off anyone that gets in your way. Flexite fuels the upgrades to your ship. Collect enough to create the most powerful craft in the universe. Guns get bigger, ships get faster, and the danger gets deeper as you mine as much Flexite from the asteroids as possible. Your enemies are relentless and numerous, but destroy them and they will drop special weapons to help you in your expedition of multiple play modes. Suit up and flex your trigger finger in anticipation of the newest space shooter to come to the iPhone and iPod Touch: S.C.U.D.

Check out the website for S.C.U.D., there you will find some character art as well as our first development podcast. Development is moving along quickly and we hope to have screen shots and more information soon.

| Jon Wheat | BitCaper |Twitter
Games: Block Knights, S.C.U.D.
See what people are saying about Block Knights here, here, here and here
Check out our development podcast for S.C.U.D.
04-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the info Jon. I await more screens, video etc.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

04-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Cool game
04-11-2009, 04:36 PM
How much will it be?
04-11-2009, 05:41 PM
dear s.c.u.d.,
i want you. i need you. please come tonight. i have a gift. i just want to be with you. come, let me have you. dont be afraid. im here. just come here and let me touch you. (get it, touch) i just wat to love you but you keep running away. please, dont be afraid. you will get alot of play time
yours truly,
IBITF
04-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
dear s.c.u.d.,
i want you. i need you. please come tonight. i have a gift. i just want to be with you. come, let me have you. dont be afraid. im here. just come here and let me touch you. (get it, touch) i just wat to love you but you keep running away. please, dont be afraid. you will get alot of play time
yours truly,
IBITF
This is one of the most disturbing things I've ever read.

In spite of this, we still await your appearance S.C.U.D.
04-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomdude View Post
How much will it be?
We are shooting for around 1.99 depending on a lot of different factors.

BTW we will try and answer everyone's questions here in the forum, But we will also be recording another podcast to answer a lot of the questions in more depth. So ask away

Last edited by bit_Jon; 04-11-2009 at 05:59 PM.
04-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Hi bit_Jon why didnt you respond to my PM?
04-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomdude View Post
Hi bit_Jon why didnt you respond to my PM?
It's been a busy day... I did just reply however.

04-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Anyways what does your game bring to the unique iPhone/iPod Touch platform and how does your control work with this platform?